Finding the Best Apartment Security System…a Renter’s Guide to Apartment Security
Do renters really need an Apartment security system? Absolutely. Statistically speaking, they are even more likely to become a victim of a break in than homeowners. But not all alarm companies will work with renters. That is why we set out to identify the best apartment security system for renters.
Do I really need an Apartment Security System if I rent?
You may not realize it, but if you live in an apartment or rent a home you are actually more vulnerable to break ins than a homeowner. According to the National Crime Prevention Council, apartments are 85% more likely to be burglarized than other forms of housing.
That is why apartment security is just as, if not statistically more important than home security.
However, we have found that many home security companies will only deal with homeowners. We we feel that everyone deserves to feel secure where they live…whether they own the home or not.
As a matter of fact, there is a major shift in the current economy where savvy consumers elect to rent rather than own a home. So in addition to considering one of the top security systems for renters, we suggest the following:
Prospective Apartment Security System buyer…. or current Apartment Alarm System owner?
Looking into apartment security to better safeguard your family and belongings?
Or perhaps you already bought alarm systems for apartments and wish to post or read reviews about the best apartment security systems…
The Home Security Advisor was developed to provide in depth information to assist you in uncovering the facts you need to help make well-informed decisions pertaining to home security…as well as furnish tips on some of the best ways to protect your property and loved ones.
In addition to providing comprehensive analysis and summary ratings, you’ll discover areas for comments and customer reviews, product comparisons with premier competitors, and FAQs …as well as:
- Tips for reducing false alarms
- Methods to cut costs on ones insurance premiums and…
- Many other benefits associated with owning an apartment security system
To help you discover more about apartment security and some of the most popular alarm systems for apartments, check out our handy table of contents, with “quick jump” hyperlinks that can assist you navigate straight to the particular sections that happen to be most important to your apartment security needs.
Apartment Security – Tips for Renters
In light of the fact that apartments and rental units may actually be more vulnerable to break ins, it is important that renters take additional measure to ensure that the property is secure.
Upgrade Door Locks
Make sure to inquire if the landlord has installed new locks. You cannot be sure that the previous tenant or someone they know does not still have a copy of a key floating around. If they haven’t or won’t, see if they will allow you to swap out the lock and provide them with copies of the key.
This is also a good time to discuss the possibility of installing a secondary deadbolt or chain link lock. Make sure that strike plates are solid and installed properly to ensure the integrity of the lock.
Also- make sure that the door has a peep hole so that you can identify anyone at the door.
Hang Curtains or Blinds
Make sure that you install curtains or blinds that will obstruct the view of your apartment and valuables from the outside. Especially in ground level apartments, it is important to conceal any items of value from prying eyes. Make sure to close them when you are away or sleeping.
Reinforce Sliding Doors
Sliding glass doors provide lots of sunshine and visibility, but they can also be extremely vulnerable. The locks are rarely very effective and they can be easily pried open or slid off the tracks. Additional measures should be taken to supplement the existing locks such as installing a secondary lock and/or placing a rod inside the track to prevent the door from sliding.
Store Valuables in a Hidden Safe or Safety Deposit Box
If an intruder is able to gain entry, it is best to make it as difficult as possible to make off with your valuables. Consider investing in a safe which can be hidden away and bolted down. (make sure to get landlord approval). Or if this is not possible, get a safe deposit box to secure cash, sensitive documents expensive jewelry or other irreplaceable items.
Typically, an intruder is looking to quickly identify small items of value and escape as quickly as possible.
Obtain Renter’s Insurance
While the property is typically covered by the landlord’s insurance , in most cases it will not cover the value of your belongings. In addition to the prospect of a loss due to a break in, it is important to consider the prospective total loss due to a fire. A relatively small monthly payment can prevent a financial disaster in the event of a significant loss.
Beyond the Apartment Security System
Top 10 General Safety Tips for Renters
Below some basic steps to safeguard your apartment or rental from burglars.
1. Make certain to close as well as secure all doors and windows at night and when you’re away from the apartment. Installing even the best apartment alarm systems will do little to prevent thieves from stealing your valuables if you leave the front door unlocked.
2. Ask your landlord to strengthen doors by using deadbolt locks with high quality strike plates that have a minimum 1 inch throw.
3. Sliding glass entry doors are a fairly easy target. To prevent burglars from forcing them open, place a metal rod or piece of lumber in the track and set up vertical bolts.
4. Clear away hiding places and enhance the apartment security system by having landlord keep shrubs trimmed close to entrances and windows.
5. Ensure that that the exterior will be properly illuminated. Motion floodlights around the perimeter will be an economical deterrent.
6. Try to make the apartment appear occupied. Set lights and electronics on random electronic timers to provide the appearance somebody is home. Have a neighbor park his or her car in your driveway.
7. If you’re going away, make sure that you activate your apartment alarm system and have a neighbor keep an eye out.
8. Make certain expensive goods are not exposed from the outside by drawing the shades. Alarm systems for apartments cannot prevent “smash and grab” intrusions-especially on first floor apartments.
9. You should not leave a key under the door mat, plant pot etc. around the front door. Leaving a key above the door is poor apartment security.
10. Do not leave a message announcing vacation plans on the answering machine, e-mail auto-responder, or on social media sites. Do let the police and a trusted next door neighbor know.. and have them keep an eye on your property as you are gone.
Purchase a professionally monitored apartment security system. You should rest better knowing your home is safeguarded.
Install A Wireless Apartment Security System
Although there was a time when security systems were cost prohibitive and required cutting holes in the walls, drilling and fishing wires, modern day security is wireless and has become much more affordable. Some systems can be self installed, require little or no money down and can be professionally monitored for less than $20 a month.
In addition to protecting against break ins, these systems offer a number of additional benefits.
Alarms for Apartments– Benefits Beyond Preventing Break Ins
We have all seen the statistics about homes with security systems being 300% less likely to be targeted by burglars. But, alarm systems for apartments offer many other benefits as well.
Environmental Protection – Apartment Security for Assets and Personal Safety
In addition to keeping your family and your belongings safe and secure,a security system can help protect against:
- Fires- A monitored smoke detector will alert you and the authorities that there is a problem.
- Carbon Monoxide- CO is an odorless gas that is almost undetectable.
- Frozen Pipes- Low temperature sensor can detect if the temperature drops below 45°-before pipes can freeze or burst.
- Flood Detection- Sensors can detect water from burst pipes or flooded cellars.
Home Automation for Apartment Alarm Systems
A quality modern wireless security system is jam packed with the latest technology to make everyday living more convenient. Alarm systems for apartments offer interactive mobile apps and the latest Z-Wave communication technology to enable you to remotely manage and control:
- Lighting and Small Appliances
- Surveillence Cameras
The possibilities are endless. You can create scenes where you unlock the door, turn off the alarm, turn on the lights turn up the heat and start the coffee….all at the touch of a button on your iOS, Android or Blackberry mobile device.
Criteria for finding the Best Apartment Security System
In determining the best system for a rental situation, there are a number of criteria that need to be addressed. One needs to consider the following.
Monitored or Un-monitored alarm for apartments
While there are many cheap self monitored systems available in the marketplace, they all rely on either a neighbor (in the case of a system that just sounds an alarm) or you to report the problem. This means that someone has to be available 24/7 to respond to an emergency.
This certainly isn’t a reasonable expectation of a neighbor…nor are most people available around the clock to respond to alerts or notifications on their mobile phones.
Think about it… what happens when:
- You are driving?
- On a plane?
- In a meeting?
- Outside of cellular service range?
- Phone is off or discharged?
There are a myriad of situations in which one might not easily be able to respond.
While no one likes extra bills, most folks would agree that it is worth a dollar or two a day to know that a trained professional is there to respond to an emergency.
That is why the scope of this review will be limited to examining the best professional monitored security systems.
If you are only interested in a self-monitored system, we recommend you take a look at the SimpliSafe Reviews. (after reading through this guide)
Wireless Security for Apartments
A security system in a condo or apartment unit certainly can’t be hardwired. I doubt that any landlord, condominium complex or apartment complex manager would approve of drilling holes, cutting walls , fishing or stapling wires to the walls. Fortunately, most of the best alarm systems today are wireless.
The control panels (the brains and hub of the system) come with an attractive desk mounted stand and are often 100% wireless. They usually contain cellular chips…so the can just be plugged into a standard power receptacle and you are good to go.
Sensors can be placed anywhere and are typically equipped with commercial quality 3-M double stick adhesive strips so that no drilling holes or screws are necessary.
Ease of Installation- Security Systems for Apartments Depend on it
Because they are wireless, these DIY security systems are a breeze to install. All of our top recommended alarm systems for apartment dwellers are pre-configured and programmed before they are shipped out.
All you have to do is place the sensors..plug it in and call in the company to activate the system.
Ease of Relocating Apartment Security
Most people rent because they want the freedom to move or relocate, without being tied to a mortgage. Consequently, they move more frequently.
Therefore, the ability to easily relocate the system is especially important. Our top rated alarm companies make it easy. Just notify them of the date and change of address and they take care of it. Some even send you out a “moving kit” with packing for your equipment and new adhesive for the sensors.
How We Ranked the Best Alarm Systems for Apartments
Even though there are actually countless variables evaluated, the exact HSA Ranking Method is determined by five principal considerations:
- Reputation and Credibility- We examine the way organizations are ranked with the Better Business Bureau, web based feedback from customers,the length of time they’ve been operating a business, subscriber base, SDM standing and so on.
- Monitoring – The following factors are taken into consideration. Monthly monitoring fees as well as duration of contracts, the qualifications, caliber and redundancy of the monitoring stations-as along with the types of services that are offered.
- Customer Support – We take into account elements such as the ease of connecting, BBB scores, web based evaluations, equipment warranty information and return policies to ascertain the quality of the post sale customer experience.
- Equipment and Technology -…undoubtedly are a key consideration. Are you provided with brand name equipment? Does the company offer you home automation, video monitoring, remote accessibility and interactivity as well as the most up-to-date components and home automation products and services?
- Price and Value – Last but not least, we appraise the all round value proposition determined by up front equipment as well as optional components. We factor in monthly monitoring rates as well as set up, activation, installation costs, extended service and warranty considerations.
To get more detailed information on our rating criteria visit How We Rank.
Top Security Systems for Apartments
With so many options out there, it isn’t easy selecting the best security system for renters. There has been a recent upsurge of self monitored systems to enter the marketplace…but, these all depend on someone being available 24/7 to take action when a signal is received.
For maximum benefits and peace of mind, we have selected the following monitored security systems.
The Best Apartment Security System for Renters
Frontpoint Security-Flexible Contract Options for Renters
Frontpoint clearly dominates the DIY alarm category and boasts an A+ BBB rating. They are renowned for their customer service and are at or near the top of most every ranking list year in and year out.
They have tailored an offer that best meets the needs of renters by offering a one year monitoring agreement. While it doesn’t include the equipment subsidies that are offered with a 3 year contract, the one year term is a much better solution for an apartment security system
Equipment and Monitoring
Frontpoint offers quality Interlogix (formerly GE) equipment on their standard equipment package.
Unlike many alarm companies, Frontpoint is very transparent. Major components have full pricing and descriptions listed on their site. Monitoring costs are clearly spelled out and run from $34.95-$49.95.
Frontpoint includes 100% cellular monitoring in all their plans, which is the most secure form of communication-as there are no cables or phone lines that can be easily compromised. It also makes the system portable and very easy to relocate.
Summary – Frontpoint Excels in Apartment Security
Frontpoint offers a simple, transparent online process for obtaining home security.
All pricing, terms and options are readily available for comparison…and they enjoy an impeccable A+ BBB rating. Their systems are 100% wireless and come pre-programmed and fully configured –so all you have to do is mount the sensors, and call in to activate.
They provide low pressure phone sales support and system design assistance and offer a 30 day, no questions asked return policy.
The folks at Frontpoint have a stellar reputation for delivering superior security solutions and home automation products.
Their customer service is second to none.
Call For FREE Quote- 844-688-2894
Protect America- Minimal Up Front Costs for an Apartment Alarm System
Protect America offers many of the same benefits …with little or no up front investment. With a Protect America security System there are no upfront equipment costs…AND No Installation Cost! (Note: Renters may not be eligible for all equipment subsidies)
The Simon XT control panel is both reliable and easy to use and the equipment is warrantied for life. Rates are locked in as long as you retain ProtectAmerica monitoring services.
There are packages as low as $19.99- including equipment….and Protect America Platinum Packages includes up to $1400 in FREE Equipment!
Protect America’s makes it affordable for almost anyone to get a security and home automation system.
No tricks or fine print….the Protect America site is very transparent and clearly lays out all the details.
And, unlike many companies that raise your monitoring rates after a year…..Protect America guarantees your rates for life.
Looking for rates as low as $19.99 and the Lowest Up Front Costs– see what Protect America can do for you!
Call For FREE Quote- 888-951-5140
Link Interactive Security- Best Overall Apartment Security System for Renters
Link Interactive is owned by Mountain Alarm which has over 60 years of experience in home security sales,service and installation.
With an A+ BBB rating…and an astounding 98% customer approval rating, you can sleep well at night knowing your home is protected by a company that knows how to take care of their customers.
Why Link has Best Apartment Security System for Renters?
Because renters typically move more often than homeowners, most home security companies consider them a higher risk to cancel. Most home security companies subsidize the up front costs of equipment in expectation of earning their profits over the long hail through their monthly monitoring payment.
That is why an apartment security system is typically more expensive up front. As a matter of fact, many security companies won’t even install alarm systems for apartments at all….or they require that you pay for expensive equipment up front.
Link Interactive is unique in that they offer the same outstanding program for homeowners and renters alike.
This allows you to get the best security system available…without exorbitant up front costs!
Apartment Security by Link
Link Interactive systems are comprised of state of the art wireless security system from 2GIG Technologies.
In addition to top notch equipment at very competitive prices, Link Interactive offers premium monitoring features that include:
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Location
- 2-Way Voice
- Alarm.com Interactive Services
- AND full home automation
All for just $41.99 a month.
Along with having unbeatable prices and a very extensive equipment selection, they have an experienced installation and tech support team to ensure that the system gets installed right!
Don’t need all the bells and whistles? Link has you covered there as well…with cellular plans that start at just 30.99/mo.
For exceptional service, equipment and all-inclusive monitoring rates…check out Link Interactive!
Call 866-302-6138 for FREE Quote!
Armorax Security – No Contract Apartment Security
NOTE: 7/18/17 – Armorax is in the process of updating their program. For details on current available options, contact them directly.
Armorax is a relatively new name in the home security business- but they are shaking up the alarm industry.
While they do offer a free system with a 36 month agreement to homeowners, they recognize that renters have different needs. They have tailored a program specifically to meet the needs for renters.
Armorax offers a top of the line wireless security system, the 2Gig Technologies GC2 for just $499 -with comprehensive Cellular Monitoring for just $17.95….and no long term contract commitment!
That’s right. That is not a misprint. Cellular monitoring with FULL home automation and interactive services for $17.95.
Armorax monitoring includes:
- Interactive Services- Arm/Disarm/Notifications and Alerts
- Comprehensive Home Automation
- Video Surveillance Monitoring/Management
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Services….and more.
All for $17.95/mo.
Armorax recognized as Top DIY Alarm Company
With a comprehensive interactive cellular monitoring rate of just $17.95/mo., Armorax is taking the home security industry by storm. And they don’t stop there. They combine low,low monitoring rates with the top of the line, 2 Gig Technologies Go! Control system!
We were so impressed, we awarded Armorax our Silver Awardas one of the Best Home Alarm Companies of 2017.
How did Armorax catapult into the Top 5?
Simple. They offer the best for less. For details see our Armorax Security Review.
Armorax uses the award winning interactive platform provided by Alarm.com. It is by far the most stable and feature rich interactive platform and is available, with no contract for just $17.95. It includes:
- Smash and Crash Protection– alerts the central station of an intrusion- even if the system is destroyed
- Geo Fencing– uses GPS location on your cell phone to automatically control security and home automation functions
- Power Outage Notification – if there is loss of power, the system sends you an alert
These features are nicely showcased by the Armorax Blackbox. It features a premium touchscreen 2Gig GC2 control panelwhich can display local weather 5 day forecasts and provide severe weather warnings in an emergency.
The GC2 is equipped with an integrated Z-Wave communication module which enables comprehensive home automation and management capability of virtually any Z-Wave compatible device!
Want a full 7″ touchscreen display? For a nominal fee of just $49.95 you upgrade to the GC3, which gives you additional features and capabilities and a larger display.
Armorax provides top of the line, DIY Alarm and home automation products with rock bottom cellular monitoring rates that include Alarm.com services. Their no contract plan is just $499 and features the premium 2Gig GC2 system with full featured monitoring services for $17.95/mo.
Call For FREE Quote- 866-355-0640
Summary – The Best Apartment Security System is….
In the days before the advent of DIY wireless security systems, options were somewhat limited when it came to apartment security.
Now, there are a number of great options for a quality apartment security system at very reasonable rates which make it affordable for anyone to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing a quality security company is there 24/7 to help protect their family and belongings.
Link Interactive Security stands out above the rest because they offer the same great program that makes them a Top 5 Pick in home security, to renters looking for alarm systems for apartment!
But…. top of the line 2Gig Technolgies equipment combined with standard equipment subsidies and a $40.99 full featured monitoring rate is tough to beat!
So until someone else steps up to the plate with a better offer..Link Interactive Security holds the title for Best Apartment Security System!
Apartment Security -Frequently Asked Questions
How to avoid false alarms with your apartment security system.
Ways to Steer clear of False Alarms with your Apartment Security System
False alarms caused by alarm systems for apartment may lead to costly penalties or fees if you exceed a certain amount false alarms. Most communities will allow one or two…but after that they will start to impose additional fees.
To prevent this from happening to you, these are some recommendations for preventing a false alarm with your apartment alarm system.
• Make sure everybody knows how to disarm the apartment alarm system. Your alarm will have a master passcode, along with a number of supplemental individual codes that can be programmed into the system. Ensure that everybody knows their code and understands how to disarm the system.
• Be sure that everyone also has learned the password. If there is an alarm, the central monitoring station is going to in most cases call your property initially and request the security password to confirm that the person picking up is really an authorized party. In the instance of an alarm, if the person replying to telephone call can’t supply the exact security password, the police are going to be dispatched.
• Verify that all windows and doors are properly shut before setting the system. Any doors that has been left slightly ajar can be blown open and set off the alarm.
• Ensure that all sensors are set up solidly and in the most suitable positions. Motion detectors need to be attached at a height of 6’ as well as away from the fans, heating elements, fireplace and air conditioning units.
• Pay attention to things which might set off a motion sensor. In addition to pets, AC units might cause fluttering curtains or plants and even helium balloons can be problematic as they could be transported within the your home by way of air currents. Confirm they are tied down away from motions.
• Ideally, pets should be confined to areas clear of motion detectors. Should this be simply not feasible, you can get “pet friendly” or “pet immune” detectors which is able to screen out smaller pets below 40, 50 even 80 lbs.
• You’ll want to replace batteries when required. The majority of apartment alarm systems use Li-Ion batteries which usually have at a minimum a two year anticipated lifespan. Your system will commonly advise you the moment the batteries are becoming low and then continue to alert you should there be less than thirty days of effective life.
It may be beneficial to have spare batteries around and replace them without delay. Your system will likely advise you should there be just about every other failures of sensors. If you get a system error notification, perform a status check to check out the sensor. Speak to your service provider whenever it looks like it’s not working.
Make sure that your user manuals/codes/passwords for your Apartment Security System is in a safe and secure spot where they might be checked if necessary. Although, the ideal way to avert false alarms is to utilize your system consistently and make certain everyone understands how to operate the system.
What are some of the other benefits of purchasing apartment security?
8 Added benefits of purchasing an Apartment Security System
An Apartment Alarm System is not just a burglar alarm system. Security for apartments can include a whole range of features and benefits which home security systems for renters might enjoy.
- In addition to protecting against break ins, an apartment security system can safeguard against fire. According to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), a fire breaks out just about every 24 seconds in the US. In 2014 there had been almost 1.3 million fires documented, causing in excess of 13,000 injuries. Nearly 3000 proved to be fatal. In addition, they contributed to practically 10 billion dollars of property damage. Monitored apartment security systems make certain that heat, fire and smoke are detected at the earliest possible time, and that the fire department will be quickly notified – whether you are home or not. You might not be there to shield your property, pets and treasured ones…but your apartment alarm system will assure that help is on the way.
- Early Flood Detection – An apartment alarm systems can be equipped with a water detector which may be put in the laundry area to be able to alert you of potential leaking pipes before they can cause any damage.
- Health-Related Emergencies- Medical alert pendants or wrist watches can be utilized in an apartment security system that can enable seniors, as well as people that have unique needs, to be able to promptly summons assistance in the event of an accident or healthcare emergency situation. These wireless panic alert buttons will be able to generally function within about 100’ of the base unit, and enable an individual to talk directly with the highly trained monitoring station staff if equipped with 2 way voice communication.
Alarm Systems for Apartments are convenient
Apartment Security Systems can help you control everyday tasks and manage the household more efficiently. Apartment alarms systems can:
- Control Temperature – An apartment alarm system can automate temperature settings and also control the temperature range in your home from any place in the world by that has internet access. With the use of a mobile app you can manage the thermostat remotely and create timers to match your typical way of living. They can be set to adjust the system whenever you arm or disarm your system.
- Oversee Lighting- Security systems for apartments can even adjust lighting. Set your lights on auto-pilot to switch on whenever you rise in the morning …and turn off as soon as you set the alarm system during the night time.
- Command Appliances – Could you imagine being able to turn the coffee on from your own bedside keypad? Or how about starting the slow-cooker from the office? Equip your apartment alarm system with Z-Wave home appliance modules and you are good to go.
Observe and Monitor with a Security Camera for the Apartment
- Keep an eye on the kids – A wireless apartment security camera could be set up so that you can check on the kids and keep an eye on the nanny.
- Observe Pets- Have you ever wondered what Rover does when you are away from the house? An apartment security camera can help you keep an eye on everything that is happening while you’re away. Some surveillance cameras actually permit two-way communication -allowing you to train pest to stay off the expensive furniture.
An Apartment Security System keeps you informed
You don’t necessarily want to call the police, but you do want to make sure prying eyes and curious kids or guests stay where they should.
You can easily keep track of valuables as well as exceptionally sensitive areas without triggering a security alarm by utilizing door sensors and programming them as “non-reporting zones”. These won’t trigger the home security system, but that will generate an e-mail notification. This could alert you that somebody has opened a gun cabinet, liquor cabinet, home office drawer …or some other sensitive area that you desire to keep tabs on…
Apartment Alarm Systems are Affordable
Many people are amazed at just how affordable that security systems for apartments can be. While it was once that even a standard home security system would probably end up costing thousands of dollars, companies such as Protect America, Fromtpoint and Armorax security have made all-inclusive security and feature rich household automation systems affordable for pretty much anybody!
An Apartment Security System delivers Peace of Mind
You can’t put a price tag on it…but, the most recognized benefit everybody is searching for when contemplating a home security and automation system is…Peace of Mind. They sleep at night better knowing the household is safeguarded …and that they have complete command over the property when they are home or away.
To find out precisely how economical peace of mind could be..contact any of our selections listed above for the Best Apartment Security systems.
Can alarm systems for apartments be professionally installed?
Can an Apartment Security System be professionally installed?
Most security companies that do professional installation require home ownership. However, because systems are primarily wireless these days, there are some companies that will install an apartment alarm system for renters with excellent credit if they have landlord permission.
For the most part, however, we recommend DIT security solutions for renter looking for a security system for an apartment. Let;’s take a look at the pros and cons.
DIY as opposed to Expert Set up?
One of the initial considerations is whether or not you wish to set up the unit on your own or possibly provide for an expert installation. Traditionally, systems had to be hardwired into the property. This could entail drilling along with cutting openings in your walls, fishing wires and complicated mounting and considerable programming. Obviously this would not be apprropriate for most renters.
However…times surely have changed. In fact even companies which will professionally set up the systems are increasingly utilizing for the most part wireless devices.
The technology has advanced through the years to help make the products especially user-friendly…and simple to install. The more experienced DIY alarm system providers have drastically streamlined the set up methods in order to keep it simple for even the most technologically challenged home owners.
The better companies will pre-program the total system prior to mailing it out, to make sure that all the customer will have to do is position the equipment and then call in to get the system turned on. More than 90% of homeowners revealed our best Do it yourself security alarms systems straightforward to install!
Potential benefits to Do it yourself Apartment Alarm System
• No Set up Costs – Save yourself 100s
• Reduced Add-on Components Price points – Commonly nearly half
• Virtually no Waiting or Scheduling – No reason to take time off from work
• Increases System Familiarity
• Simple and easy to Relocate
Benefits associated with Professional Install of an Apartment Security System
• Less Time and effort
• Additional Experience
Although a professionally installed system might entail less effort, Most people found DIY alarms very easy to put in, convenient to use and ended up saving consumers a significant sum compared to a professionally installed system.
Response Times for an Apartment Security System
How Long Will It Take for Apartment Alarm Systems to Respond to a break-in?
Despite the fact that almost every service provider says it will will have the speediest reaction time in the industry, one must know how to interpret these kind of claims.
Alarm systems for apartments usually employ a 30-60 second entry delay on your primary entry in order to permit you enough time to disarm the system. Security systems for apartments can also be used on “Instant” function whenever everybody is home. The siren will go off immediately after whatever delay when the system is not disarmed.
Apartment security monitoring center response times are generally estimated from the time a signal is delivered to the point in time the monitoring center contacts your house to confirm the alert. These times definitely ought to be under a 60 seconds.
In the event that no one answers from the household, in most situations, they are going to attempt to contact someone listed on the emergency contact list …and they then dispatch the authorities. Each activity ought to be time stamped and transcribed from the monitoring center.
Even though you can find apartment security reviews which complain about higher reaction times, most of the most effective home security companies actually do a pretty good job – so long as things are functioning properly.
Most companies that sell apartment alarm systems recommend that your chosen system is is tested out each week or perhaps on a monthly schedule to assure alarm along with communications are actually working correctly.
Nationally, the standard response time by the authorities is about seven minutes, however, this may vary substantially according to specific location of your home, the type of the emergency, whether there’s audio or maybe on-line video validation (though an apartment camera) as well as the current demand and also accessibility of nearby emergency services during the call.
Should you already posses an apartment security system and provide insights on their real life response times, make sure you don’t hesitate to mention your experience with apartment security in our comment section.
Apartment Alarm System Back Up Power
If there is a power outage, does an Apartment Security System still work?
If there is a loss of power, alarm systems for apartments will continue to provide you with protection by switching to battery back-up .
The back-up battery for most apartment alarm system is rated for 24 hours , however that could vary in accordance with the size of the home security system , configurations as well as components. If you have a security camera for the apartment, it will not record during a power outage.
Most apartment security systems will likely beep to alert you that the system is running with back up electrical power and also remind someone to enter your code. For those apartment security customers who have created announcements on an interactive app such as Alarm.com, you can even receive an notification on your smart phone.
Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to share Best Apartment Security System | Renter’s Guide to Apartment Security, below …or follow us, above. If you or someone you know has experience with Apartment Security Systems, we hope you will share that experience in our Comment Section..
Security Company Comparison Chart
See how the Top Alarm Companies compare!