Our Top 10 home security tips will help you minimize your chances of becoming a victim of a break -in, vandalism or home invasion.
In uncertain times, smart homeowners are becoming more savvy than ever when it comes to protecting their homes and families.
The HSA Top 10 Home Security Tips
Here 10 simple steps to protect your home from burglars.
1. Make sure to close and lock all doors and windows at night and when you are away from home.
2. Have deadbolt locks installed-with a one inch throw and reinforced strike plates.
3. Secure sliding glass doors. Place a metal rod or piece of plywood in the track and install vertical bolts. These will help prevent burglars from forcing the door open or lifting it off the track.
4. Eliminate hiding places by keeping shrubbery trimmed near entrances and windows.
5. Make sure that the exterior is well illuminated. Motion floodlights around the perimeter are an inexpensive deterrent.
6. Create the illusion that you are home by using timers on lights, radios and TV’s. Making your residence appear occupied, even when no one is home, will deter criminals.
7. If you are going on vacation, suspend newspaper and mail delivery, and make arrangements to have the lawn mowed.
8. Keep shades drawn in areas with particularly expensive items.
9. Don’t leave a key under the doormat, plant pot etc. near the front door.
10. Don’t leave a message announcing travel plans on the answering machine, e-mail auto-responder, or on social media sites. Do let the police and a trusted neighbor know.. and have them keep an eye on your home when you are away.
Consider a professionally monitored home security system from one of the top alarm companies. It will greatly reduce the odds of an attempted break in, and provide you with a number of other life safety benefits that will enhance your sense of security and provide you with 24/7 peace of mind!
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to http://www.thehomesecurityadvisor.com/ with this graphic.
Feel free to share feedback, comments or your home safety tips….and perhaps we’ll include it in an update for the next Top 10 Home Security Tips!