Security One Alarm Systems Reviews
Is Security One a good choice for your home? Check out Security One Reviews and see if Security One Alarm systems are the best fit for you.
The 411 On Security One
If you have experience with a Security One Alarm, share your thought with our readers in our section for Security One Alarm Reviews.
Security One has A+ BBB rating. However, we uncovered more than a few clues that the Security One Alarm Systems web site might not give an accurate picture of the true customer experience.
As we investigated further…and dug into some online Security One Reviews, many of these initial concerns were reinforced.
Our Security One review summary and detailed editor’s reviews are followed by the customer a section for Security One Customer Reviews and a FAQ section in which we compare Security One Systems with some of our top rated alarm companies.
If you currently have a Security One Home Security system, we hope you will share your experience with our readers below.
Potential Security One buyer or current Security One Alarm customer?
Thinking about securing your home with a a Security One Alarm? …Or perhaps you have already been a Security One Alarm Systems user and looking to read or leave Security One reviews.
The Home Security Advisor is intended to provide a comprehensive resource to assist you in finding the facts you’ll want to make educated decisions about home security and the best ways to provide protection to your property and loved ones.
To aid you in your search for Security One Alarm information, and how they stack up against the most popular home security companies, check the helpful table of contents, with “quick jump” hyperlinks to assist you in navigating straight to the sections of interest.
Security One Review- 2018 Summary
Not sure if Security One is right for you?
Security One Reviews giving you second thoughts about the Security One Alarm Company?
Take Our Simple Quiz to find your Best Home Security Company.
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 7.2
- BBB Rating - NR
- Years in Business - 9
- SDM Ranking - N/A
- Equip. Man - Interlogix
- Upfront Costs - Variable-NA
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $29.99
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- Pro
- Relocation - Hard
- Equip. Warranty - Lifetime
- Return Policy - 3 Day RR
Quick Jump to side by side summary comparisons of Security One Alarms vs :
Reputation and Credibility
Headquartered in Las Angeles, CA, Security One was launched in May of 2007.
While their website boasts of an A+ BBB rating, the actual BBB rating is a B-. Online customer ratings are mixed.
OK…well, perhaps Angies’ List would provide some additional credibility. After all, the site was proudly displaying the 2013 Angies list Super Service Award certificate on their front page.
However…when I clicked on the link to navigate to the Security One page…I was greeted by the message ” ! This business has no ratings or reviews. Join us to search our list of verified and recommended service providers!”
There is a complete lack of transparency on the website- making it impossible to compare the pricing of either services or equipment.
Online Security One Reviews indicate issues with poor customer service, relocation problems, lack of disclosure of contract terms, lengthy service delays, difficulties in canceling service and auto-renewal clauses.
The very first review provided on Security One Trust Pilot link (also on front page of the web site) expresses, in no uncertain terms, the customer’s displeasure at his account contract being sold to Safe Home Security….a company with a B BBB rating and 1,037 customer complaints.
Security One offers a Takeover program and three additional monitoring packages. Once again, there is no online transparency in regards to pricing- so you will have to contact sales personnel for current pricing in your area.
They do, however, guarantee to beat your existing rate….as long as it exceeds their minimum rate of $29.99/mo. for landline monitoring or $44.99/mo. for cellular monitoring services …and of course, sign a minimum 36-month contract.
Hmmm…Take over existing equipment….sign a 3-year contract and pay at least $44.99 a month for cellular service?
They also offer 3 additional packages…but, do not disclose any pricing.
- Simple Security– Basic Security
- Energy Plus-Basic Security plus Home Automation
- Ultimate Home -Basic Security plus Home Automation plus Video Surveillance
These packages all include cellular monitoring, their own Security One App a lifetime warranty and rate guarantee.
Security One App
The Security One App on Google Play shows a 4-star rating based on 5 reviews and has not been updated since May of 2015. Initial efforts to locate an iOS version on iTunes proved fruitless.
In any event, the interactive capabilities of the Security One App do not include high demand capabilities such as:
- Crash and Smash
- Geo- Location Services
- Power Outage Notification
These are all services provided in the most popular interactive app by Alarm.com.
While cellular monitoring does protect against the prospect of an intruder cutting phone or cable lines to prevent an alarm system from notifying the central station of a break in….it doesn’t afford protection if the intruder just destroys the panel during the normal 30-60 second entrance delay.
Speaking of Central Monitoring Station….While Security One claims to offer the best 24/7 monitoring services, nowhere do they disclose who provides their service, what their credentials are …and of course…how much you are going to pay monthly for the service.
We recommend only UL Listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring services …ideally with multiple redundant back up locations.
Pricing and Equipment
Security One claims to offer superior quality equipment from both Honeywell and GE. (Interlogix) However, their site displays primarily the Interlogix equipment line up….and, of course – NO pricing info.
They do carry a full line up of equipment to meet most home security needs. For current package and individual pricing, you will have to contact Security One sales personnel.
Unlike many security companies, there are no tutorials, manuals, videos or online chat systems available.
Phone and e-mail support are available…but, hours of operation are not listed.
The NR BBB rating is cause for concern and negative online Security One Reviews are plentiful.
While Security One does offer some nice sales features such as a lifetime warranty, rate lock guarantee and up to $1500 in free equipment….the absence of any sort of pricing transparency on the web site leaves one with more questions than answers. So exactly what is the initial rate that is guaranteed for life?
The only clue about pricing was a disclaimer on the Takeover program which indicates a minimum for basic cellular monitoring rate of $44.99/mo with a 36 month contract. It is a natural assumption that prices increase from there, based n the additional services one requires- such as home automation and video monitoring.
While they claim an A+ BBB rating on the site, ….and online reviews reflect a number of customer concerns.
The Security One App does not appear to have been updated since May of 2015…which coincides with the last Blog post on the site (the previous post was 11.14) Modern smartphone apps have desirable features like Crash and Smash protection and Geo-Fencing capabilities.
Any of these things, in and by themselves, might not mean too much. But combined…they seem to add up to a company that is not moving in the right direction.
It might be a good idea to steer clear…and take a closer look at some of the top rated alarm companies .
>>CLICK HERE to Read More<<
Please feel free to offer your comments, feedback on Security One Alarm Systems Reviews or share your experience with an Security One Alarm , below.
Security One Alarm Systems
Seccurity One is an authorized dealer for GE/ Interlogix and Homeywell. Security One Systems include cellular monitoring and full touchscreen displays. The carry the following components:
- Simon XTI Control Panel
- Seccondary Touchscreen Keypad
- emPower Thermostat
- Micro Door/Windo Sensors
- Motion Sensor
- Image SensorSmoke and Heat Senor
- Glass Break Sensor
- Carbon Monoxide Sensor
- Wireless Security Camera
- Light and Appliance Module
- Panic Pendant
- Z-Wave Door Locks
- KeyChain Remote
- …and more
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Security One stack up to the competition?
We feel that there are a number of better alternatives offered by companies that specialize in home security. Before signing a 3 year contract check out some of our top rated home security companies in side by side comparisons, below.
Security One vs ADT vs Vivint vs Armorax vs Frontpoint vs Protect America vs Link Interactive
(Click “+” Below to Toggle Open Columns and Expand)
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 7.7
- BBB Rating - A+
- Years in Business - 39
- SDM Ranking - N/A
- Equip. Man - DSC
- Upfront Costs - $299+
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $16.95
- Contract Length - 0 mo.
- Installation- Pro
- Relocation - Hard
- Equip. Warranty - 1 Year
- Return Policy - 3 Day RR
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 8.6
- BBB Rating - A+
- Years in Business - 18
- SDM Ranking - #1
- Equip. Man - Varies
- Upfront Costs - $99.00+
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $36.99
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- Pro Only
- Relocation - Available
- Equip. Warranty - Lifetime
- Return Policy - 3 Day
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 8.1
- BBB Rating -C+
- Years in Business - <5
- SDM Ranking - NA
- Equip. Man -?
- Upfront Costs - $99 Min.
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $34.95
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- DIY
- Relocation - Easy
- Equip. Warranty - 3 Year
- Return Policy - 30 Day
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 9.6
- BBB Rating - A
- Years in Business - 20+
- SDM Ranking - 15
- Equip. Man - GE
- Upfront Costs - $0
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $19.99
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- DIY or Pro
- Relocation - Easy
- Equip. Warranty - Lifetime
- Return Policy - 14 Days
Security One Alarm Systems vs Vivint
Can Canadian based Security One stand up to the #3 home security company in the US- Vivint?
That can be a very difficult question to answer unless you are willing to meet with a Security One home security salesperson. There is virtually no pricing information available on their website. We feel this complete lack of online transparency is a major red flag. Typical of old school home security companies that employ high pressure sales tactics, you will have to set an appointment or call in for pricing details.
Vivint is fully transparent regarding their monitoring rates and attempts to make equipment affordable for everyone with their newly introduced Flexpay equipment financing. This allows prospective Vivint customers the option to either pay for the equipment up front or over 42-60 months with 0% interest. If one were to purchase the Vivint equipment outright…there is no monitoring contract required!
Vivint Advantages over Security One
• Touchscreen Keypad is Included Standard
• Free Professional Installation
• All Monitoring Rates Include Home Automation
• Nationwide Service Network
• Voice Control and 2 Way Voice
• Advanced Home Automation
• Nationwide Relocation Program
• Award Winning Vivint Home App- 4.5 Star Rating!
• 0% Interest Flexpay Equipment Financing
• Lifetime Equipment Warranty
Before committing to Security One refer to our Security One Reviews, and consider getting an obligation free quote from Vivint.
Read our Vivint Reviews
Call For FREE Quote- 855-695-1727
Security One vs ADT Monitored Security
ADT has been in some form of the home security business business for over 140 years. They are easily the largest home security company with a customer base of over 6 million customers…including the majority of Fortune 500 companies.
ADT has been recognized as the #1 Home Security Company by the Security Dealer Magazine -SDM since the turn of the century. ADT owns and operates 6 UL Listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring stations. In the event of a natural disaster, this gives ADT customers the advantage of having their calls re-routed to an alternate monitoring center.
ADT Monitored Benefits
Though online reviews as well as feedback reveal issues with the quality and reliability of the Security One Alarm technicians, ADT Authorized Premier Provider – Protect Your Home provides highly skilled, experienced and background-checked specialists to expertly deploy quite possibly the most dependable, cutting edge gear. They make certain that things are all set up correctly so you are totally at ease with the functions connected with the system -which will be monitored by ADT home security – by far the most respected brand in the business. Benefits include:
- FREE Security System -$850 Value*
- Professional Installation
- Superior Monitoring Redundancy- 6 Monitoring Centers
- Local Nationwide Service Network
- Superior Technology – Voice Control Available
- Broad Home Automation Compatibility
- Nationwide Relocation Program (certain restrictions apply)
- $500 Theft Protection Guarantee (certain restrictions apply)
- 6 Month Service Guarantee (certain restrictions apply)
*$99 charge for parts & installation with monthly monitoring services. Termination Fee Applies. For New Customers Only. (See T&Cs Below) So if you are looking at professionally installed home security systems,we strongly encourage you to look into a company that has specialized in home security for over 140 years…and see what ADT is recognized as the #1 name in the home security!
Call For FREE Quote- 888-495-9434
Security One Alarm Systems vs. Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint monitoring is available for as low as $34.99 with 100% cellular monitoring- and includes such premium services as Crash and Smash Protection and Geo Location Services with Alarm.com’s award winning interactive services.
Opt for the premium Qolsys IQ panel, and you’ll also get a 7” full color touchscreen display that will capture a photo image of anyone who arms or disarms the system. This unit will allow you to view video displays, family photo slideshows get weather reports and severe weather warnings when the alarm display is not in use.
Frontpoint offers more for YOUR money and is renowned for proving best in class customer service!
Call For FREE Quote- 844-688-2894
Security One Alarm vs. Protect America
Protect America delivers the majority of the very same advantages over the Security One Alarm systems.
They keep it uncomplicated using the GE Simon XT control panel. The Xti is available as an upgrade or Simon XT Touchscreen keypad can be purchased -by those looking for a full color touchscreen display that is separate from the base control unit.
Apart from appearance, utilizing an independent keypad from the entrance decreases the risk of a crash and smash burglary in which the thief tries to disable the system which will help prevent a transmission from getting delivered.
Protect America security alarm buyers get their selection of landline, broadband or cellular service- starting at just $19.99 a month. Protect America packages include up to $1400 in FREE Equipment! T
he Protect America $0 up front pricing policy makes quality home security affordable for almost everyone! For just $42.99/mo., their Platinum monitoring package includes:
- Simon XT Control Panel
- 1 Motion Detector
- 14 Door/Window Sensors! (sensors can be mixed and matched to customize system to your needs)
That is enough to provide real protection for your home an family…with practically NO out of pocket up front costs! If you are looking for the Best Value and Lowest Up Front Costs– check out Protect America to see what they can do for you!
Call For FREE Quote- 888-951-5140
Security One Home Security vs. Link Interactive Security
Having a 98% client approval score, this Utah based home security company (Link Interative had been recently launched as their national Do-it-yourself burglar alarm option) offers more than Sixty years’ practical experience setting up high quality home alarm systems as well as offering exceptional customer support.
They feature the very latest cutting edge wireless solutions coming from 2GIG technologies as well as one of the most extensive product selections you will find anyplace. Their systems are pre-progammed and configured for straightforward DIY set up.
In addition they possess the know-how to work alongside the more advanced DIYer who would like to take over a pre-existing system or perhaps put in a more advanced custom wireless home alarm.
Where unfavorable Security One reviews from customers are definitely not unusual, it’s nearly impossible to locate a negative Link Interactive review. Their A+ BBB standing (under parent company-Mountain Alarm) includes 0 (that’s right…0) customer grievances submitted during the last three years. And there is still more to the Link Interactive story…. They offer comprehensive monitoring including:
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Location
- 2-Way Voice
- Alarm.com Interactive Services
AND full home automation functionality for just $30.99 a month! Want video…no problem…just $5.00 more…. If you’re looking for great service,equipment and the lowest monitoring rates? Check out Link Interactive, today!
Armorax Security vs Security One Home Security
NOTE- Armorax no longer sells their own security systems. Info is for historical context only.
Security One alarms will be installed by a professional, but that’s not at all times the best thing. The actual performance of one’s alarm system is essentially determined by the quality of the installation technician.
Online Security One Alarm Systems reviews frequently express dissatisfaction and recurring problems which unfortunately are caused by inadequately qualified or perhaps inexperienced contractors. At one time home alarm systems needed expert installation . Home alarm systems were originally complex and require drilling holes, fishing wires as well as programming devices.
These days, contemporary wireless technologies have progressed enough where setting up an alarm system coming from a trustworthy Do-it-yourself Alarm Company entails installing a couple of sensors and calling in to activate the system. Armorax pre-programs and configures the unit just before sending it out…so set up is really a breeze. Consequently, over 90% of DIY alarm customers found the system “easy to install”.
2018 Armorax vs Security One Reviews Update
Some of our preliminary enthusiasm for Armorax has now decreased off considerably as the provider continuously exhibit indicators that it’s having difficulties. The Better Business Bureau report has slipped off dramatically from an A (from the period of the original Security One review) to a C+. In our secret shopping endeavors, we have discovered that even the sales department doesn’t pick up calls. Inbound phone calls are generally handled by way of a voice mail, which advises the caller to contact 911 if this is an emergency…or to stay on the phone for the sales representative. Following several minutes or so on hold, one is inevitably met by means of an answering service who will take a name and phone number for a return call. This makes one wonder what will happen if I have a problem with my security system?
Numerous Changes in Product Line and Services
In addition, Armorax has already switched companies three times in the last year. They have switched from the innovative 2 Gig lineup, briefly offered the Interlogix Simon XT, and are also now offering the less well known Resolution Helix control panel.
They also have dramatically changed their monitoring fee structure 3 times during the past calendar year. With regard to online Armorax reviews, you will see that virtually no 2 sites indicate the same pricing structure.
They initially featured no contract plans and also plans with free equipment and monitoring rates as little as $19.99/mo. Then they marketed an all inclusive plan for $24.95 with a free system. Their present-day offer costs $99.00 up-front combined with basic monitoring starts at $34.99. The Mobile APP is additional!
Poor Transparency Furthermore, the total absence of online transparency does nothing to inspire confidence. At the moment they’ve got a one page site that features minimal information about this company qualifications, products, price, monitoring provider as well as services, Mobile App, Installation instructions or even videos …or pretty much anything other than that that a potential customer may want to learn.
Updated 2018 Armorax vs Security One Review Summary
Although the company exhibited terrific promise initially, we are now no longer enthusiastic with regards to them as a decent alternative to Security One. In our judgment, you can find more effective selections.
Armorax surpasses the the Security One NR rating with an A BBB Rating. They are fully accredited with the BBB , and have compiled an impressive 88% positive reviews on the BBB reviews page. This translates to a 4.67 out of 5 stars!
Armorax has a simple pricing structure…which blows away the competition. The standard Armorax Blackbox system is a top of the line 2Gig Technologies GC2, and it is FREE with a 36 month monitoring agreement! Armorax add on sensors are competitive with the other wireless DIY alarm companies. (for current promotional pricing…just give them a quick call at …866-355-0640) Overall, the Armorax add ons are roughly half the price of professionally installed components. But, the monitoring price is what really sets Armorax apart. Right now they are offering Cellular Monitoring for just $24.95! And that is not bare boned monitoring it includes:
- Interactive Service- Arm/Disarm/Notifications and Alerts
- Comprehensive Home Automation
- Video Surveillance Monitoring/Management
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Services….and more.
All for $24.95/mo.
And that is NOT an introductory price. That includes a Rate Lock Guarrantee!
Armorax recognized as Top DIY Alarm Company
Above and beyond offering a comprehensive interactive cellular monitoring rate of just $24.95/mo.,Armorax is shaking up the alarm industry by combining that with top of the line, premium 2 GIG components…for free.
- No Activation Fees
- No Installation Fees
- No Shipping Charges
- and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
In recognition of such a superior value, Armorx received our Silver Award as one of the TOP Home Security Companies of 2017. While it is difficult to find on the site…Security One Cellular monitoring starts at $44.99/mo. That is $20 a month more than Armorax! And doesn’t include Alarm.com’s advanced monitoring features.
Security One Alarms use their proprietary App that hasn’t been updated since May of 2015. Armorax employs top rated Interactive Platform provided by Alarm.com. It truly is the most dependable as well as feature rich interactive platform which incorporates:
- Smash and Crash Protection- signals the central station of any intrusion- even when the system is demolished
- Geo Fencing- utilizes the GPS position of your mobile phone to be able to systematically manage security and home automation capabilities
- Power Outage Notification – when there is loss of electric power, the unit provides you with an alert
These functions are showcased with the Armorax Blackbox featuring a top quality touchscreen display screen on the 2Gig GC2 control panel which can display local weather, five day forecasts and give severe weather alerts in an emergency. The GC2 is outfitted with an integrated Z-Wave transmission element which enables complete home automation and supervision capacity for just about any Z-Wave compatible device! There’s a moderate charge of just $49.95 to be able to upgrade to the GC3, which provides additional functions and capabilities as well as a full 7″ touchscreen display screen.
Armorax delivers state of the art, DIY security and home automation products with the lowest available cellular monitoring that includes Alarm.com services. With a FREE premium system and full featured monitoring services for $24.95/mo, Armorax is truly an unbeatable value.
Call For FREE Quote- 866-355-0640
Is it compulsory to secure an alarm permit to connect a Security One alarm system?
As it happens, you don’t need a permit when the system is not going to be professionally monitored.
Nevertheless, because your Security One burglar alarm will be remotely watched with the objective of utilizing emergency response providers, lots of local towns must have a permit. Usually, this will require standard registration with area law enforcement or sheriff’s dept together with a nominal charge. You will more than likely be also asked to present the company name, address and phone number of Security One, in addition to the monitoring station, in the event the two companies are actually different.
Wherever permits are expected, most towns will administer a 1-time fee to register your security system, although many cities and towns must have an annual renewal additionally. In towns with higher robbery and false alarm rates, failure to register can cause some sort of refusal to respond to locations which don’t have a burglar alarm permit…although this really is somewhat exceptional. Nonetheless, you might be subject to various other fines any time police officers, fire or perhaps emergency medical support are sent to an address with no permit when it comes to cities where one is demanded.
Even if a license is generally obtained, nearly all cities will likely assess fees for multiple false alarms. Most cities now have regulations in place in which the initial 1-2 dispatches don’t require fees. Subsequent to that penalties and fees often escalate from $25-50 for that 1st enforceable offense…to $100-200 for consequent repeat offenses.
ence, it’s very important that home security system operators get a hold of their neighborhood police department, determine what permits are needed, develop a full understanding of the area rules and make sure that they consider appropriate steps to prevent false alarms.
Security One Reviews Uncover 7 Benefits of the Security One Alarm App
In recent months, Security One Home Security systems have advanced significantly. The control panel provides a central hub that manages virtually any compatible home automation.
The Security One App – Features and Benefits
- Arm/Disarm System – Security Alarms can engage and disengage the system from any mobile device.
- Lock/Unlock Doors – The Security One App also enables you to control compatible door locks.
- Security Cameras – enable one to record video or watch in real time- on any internet capable device. A Security One Camera lets you monitor your pets and check in on the children.
- Real-Time Alerts – The Security One Alarm packages let you set real-time alerts that will notify you via text or e-mail when the kids get home, there is an intrusion, fire or any event you wish to monitor with the system.
- Thermostat Control – The Security One App can even serve as a home energy management hub. It allows you to control the thermostat and…
- Turn Lights On/OFF –using the App will ensure that you never have to walk into a dark house.
- Control Appliances – With Security One alarm systems, you can even turn on the air conditioner while you are driving home. That way, you can be sure to come home to a cool house!
To let our readers know more about how you use your Security One App, make sure to leave us feedback in our section for Security One Reviews!
Security One App Video
Ways to Prevent Security One False Alarms
As mentioned previously, false alarms caused by a Security One alarm system could quite possibly result in steep fines. Most Security One Reviews don’t divulge this, but the vast majority of calls police departments receive from security companies are a result of false alarms. As a consequence, municipalities can charge fines to homeowners if they go beyond a particular number of false alarms.
To prevent this from happening to you, the following are some recommendations for preventing a false alarm with your system.
• You should make sure everyone knows how to disarm the home security system. Your security alarm will have a master passcode, as well as a number of additional individual codes that one can program into the system. Be sure everyone knows their code as well as can disarm the home alarm system.
• Make sure that everybody also knows about the password. If there is an alarm, the central monitoring station will generally contact the home initially and ask for the password to verify that the man or woman picking up is definitely a legitimate party. In the event of an alarm, if the person responding to the telephone call cannot supply the correct password, the authorities will most likely be dispatched.
• Make sure that doors and windows are properly secured prior to arming the system. Doors that are left somewhat ajar might be blown open in your absence and set off the alarm.
• Make sure that all sensors are attached solidly and in the proper places. Motion sensors should be positioned at a height of 6’ and clear of fans, heating units, fireplace, and ac units. • Take note of items which might possibly set off a motion detector.
• If at all possible, your pets should really be limited to areas apart from motion sensors. In cases where this is simply not doable, Security One has “pet-friendly” or “pet immune” detectors which can screen out smaller sized pets under 40, 50 even 80 lbs. Motion sensors may also be set up to provide pet alleys whereby pets can move freely about. Another option is to employ glass break sensors as an alternative for motion sensors.
• It’s essential to remove and replace batteries when needed. Security One alarm systems employ Li-Ion batteries that have at least a two year expected life expectancy. Your Security One Alarm will in most cases alert you as soon as the batteries are getting low along with warning you if there is approximately month of functional life. It is a good idea to acquire surplus batteries and keep them on hand so you can remove and replace them as soon as possible. If you get a system error alert, do a status check and examine the sensor.
Contact customer service whenever it looks to be broken. Keep your Security One customer manuals/codes/passwords in a safe designated location where they might be checked if necessary. Although, the right way to avoid false alarms is to use your system on a consistent basis and be sure that everybody knows how to operate the system.
How often do I need to test my Security One alarm system?
It is recommended that you test the security system at least once a month. While you may not find it in your research of Security one alarm reviews, it is not uncommon that some people may go months or even years without testing their system. Most people don’t realize it, but, even though the system is self-supervised, it is up to the owner to test the system periodically to ensure that your alarm system is operating correctly.
It is especially important to check the system if there is a recent change in internet or phone system. For information on how to test your system, reach out to customer support.
Can Security One lower insurance premiums?
Questions you should ask yourself prior to choosing a Security One Alarm
There are many questions you must determine before buying any of the Security One Alarm Systems. Since you’re probably committing to a 3 or 5-year written contract, it is very important to consider a variety of criteria before signing any contract.
Do it yourself or professionally installed Security One Alarm Systems?
One of the primary things to consider is whether or not you wish to put in the unit personally or simply pay money for a professional installation by Security One. Traditionally, systems needed to be hard wired directly into the home. This could involve drilling and cutting openings into the walls, fishing wiring, and complex mounting and considerable programming. The technology has actually been drastically improved over the years to make the equipment incredibly intuitive…and simple to install.
Is the Security One Alarm easy to use?
Security One Alarm systems have advanced tremendously throughout the past decade. And as a result one of many primary advantages of innovations in technologies is the fact that Security One Home Security places a massive amount of emphasis on making the systems easier to use.
Security One alarm systems go with sleek touchscreen display user interfaces which are user-friendly and even prompt the operator all the way through tasks such as arming, disarming, bypassing zones etc.. Currently, Security One systems have completely automated interactive mobile software utilizing home automation capability that allow you to keep on top of your house from any place around the world by using computer access.
Several systems are introducing voice control functionalities via their own equipment, Google Home or Alexa. These let you execute common tasks merely by delivering some sort of speech instruction. Security One Home Security will likely follow suit in the near future. While you might find Security One Alarm reviews may indicate complaints about installs, service or possibly billing troubles, you’ll hardly ever see Security One reviews that say that Security One Alarm systems are complicated to control.
Arming Modes on a Security One System
OFF – Even when your Tsystem is turned off, many of the alerts are still active. Your alarm system will still alert you if a door or window is opened and life and environmental safety systems (i.e. water or low temperature) are still active. Consequently, if a fire breaks out or there are excessive carbon monoxide emissions present, your system will still alert the Security One central monitoring station.
Stay– You can arm just the perimeter protection at the doors and windows by arming your system in the “stay” mode. This will enable you to move about the house freely and still have a certain level of protection.
Away– The away mode will activate any interior motion detectors as well as the doors and windows.
Instant – You can eliminate the entry delay on your home alarm system by arming it in instant mode.
Duress – You can set up a special duress code that will notify the monitoring center that there is a potential hostage situation. If someone were to physically force you to disarm the system, this special code will trigger immediate emergency response.
Security One Alarm System Arming Modes
Some Additional Benefits of Owning Security One
Though the majority of us think of a security program as an alarm system, the reality is that the technological advancements introduced in recent years have caused the evolution of home safety to a more comprehensive safety, energy, and home management program. Following is a partial list of attributes and benefits that house security buyers can enjoy when they decide to invest in a home security system. Security
- CO Monitoring -Fumes from running car motors, gas stoves, generators, badly maintained heating methods, burning charcoal or wood can all be fatal if undetected.
• Medical Emergencies- clinical alert pendants permit the elderly or those with specific needs to immediately summons help in the event of a fall or medical emergency. These wireless panic alert buttons will typically work within about 100′ of the base unit, and enable the user to speak directly with the monitoring system when equipped with 2-way voice communication.
Comfort and Convenience
• Manage Thermostat-Now it is simple to automate temperature settings and control the temperature of your house from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. The thermostat timers can be set up to fit your normal lifestyle…and be adjusted automatically when you arm or disarm your system. The thermostat could be adjusted manually from your smartphone with interactive applications.
• Unlock Doors Remotely- You don’t have to give a spare key to the dog walker or the plumber coming to fix that leaky faucet. It’s possible to unlock the door when they arrive…and lock back up again when they depart. No more lost keys altering locks as soon as a roommate leaves. Accessibility is controlled via the safety system.
Observe and Monitor • Verify Package Delivery- Mount a motion activated outdoor security camera and you’ll know who is knocking at the door and may even receive an e-mail notification with video clip once a package was delivered.
• Be informed of the Arrival of Latchkey Kids – A security camera can send an image in a text or e-mail notifications once the system is armed or disarmed when the kids get home from college.
• Reduce Insurance Costs- Insurance companies give considerable discounts on Homeowner Insurance companies when the home is protected by a monitored home security system. While discounts vary from company to company and the reach of the coverage-typical discount vary from 5-20% depending on the type of platform and services that are supplied. Ensure the insurance company knows whether the system is being professionally monitored and whether things such as fire, flood and freeze protection is contained in your system. Your organization should provide a certificate of setup detailing the types of services for that your system is tracked.
• Lower Energy Costs- By setting up an automatic Home Energy Management System, you can reduce fuel and energy costs significantly. By optimizing your heating and lighting schedules one can reduce consumption and costs by as much as $200 a year.
Security One -Suggestions to Protect Your Property
Good Security One Reviews offer common sense suggestions to protect your home…even if you don’t get a Security One Alarm.
1. Keep the home properly illuminated. Outside motion lighting is a great deterrent against nighttime property invasions.
2. Make the home appear occupied. Set lights as well as electronics on random timers to provide the appearance somebody is home. Have a next door neighbor park their vehicle in your driveway.
3. If you are going on vacation, suspend newspaper and postal delivery service, and make preparations to have the lawn mowed.
4. Make sure expensive goods are not evident from the outside by drawing the blinds.
5. Don’t leave a key under the doormat, plant pot, etc. around the front door.
6. Do not announce that you’re going away on social media, e-mail autoresponders or answering machine messages. This tells criminals your home is unoccupied.
Get a professionally monitored home security system. You will definitely rest better knowing your property is protected.
Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to share Security One Reviews, below or follow us, above. If you or someone you know has experience with Security One or Security One Alarm Systems we hope you will share that experience in our Customer Reviews.
Security Company Comparison Chart
See how the Top Alarm Companies compare!