Total Connect 2.0 is an App developed by Honeywell that enables you to monitor and control virtually every aspect of Honeywell security systems remotely from a computer, tablet or smartphone. This security and home automation interactive service platform is provided though web and mobile based applications. There is a Total Connect 2.0 App for Windows, I-Phones and Android devices.
The Total Connect 2.0 services are employed by a number of the best professionally installed companies such as Ackerman Security Systems, Bay Alarms,ADS Security and Monitronics as well as an up and coming DIY Alarm company…Alarm Grid Security.
Be the first to leave a review.
A Total Connect 2.0 App for Every Device
- I-Phones, I-Pads, IOS Computers and the Apple Watch
- Android Phones and Tablets
- Windows Based Phones Computers and Tablets can access Total Connect 2.0 using the web browser
And the application integrates seamlessly with the Lynx Touch, Tuxedo Touch, VAM and current Vista Control Panels.
Total Connect Home Security Systems Arming Options
A system equipped with Total Connect 2.0 can be armed in a variety of ways. The system flexibility enables the user to easily arm as much, or as little, of the system as they need, based on the situation.
OFF — When your security system is turned off, many sensors and features are still active. An alarm system will still alert you if contacted windows or doors are open by sounding a local chime. The Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 App for Android, Windows or iOS can also notify you when properly configured sensors are tripped. In addition, environmental and life security systems are still active. If a smoke detector is triggered, the alarm will sound and your system and will still alert the central monitoring station.
Stay– The stay mode will arm just the doors and windows of the security system.
Away– On most home security systems, the away setting will trigger any interior motion sensors as well as the windows and doors.
Instant — You are able to eliminate the entry delay on your alarm system by arming it in instant mode.
Duress – If someone were to force you to disarm the system, a special duress code will trigger immediate emergency response.
Panic – Most home security systems using the Honeywell Total Connect App are equipped with emergency panic buttons on the main panel. This alerts the monitoring station of an occupied panic signal.
Total Connect 2.0 App Features
- Text and E-mail Alerts and Notifications– With Total Connect 2.0 you can receive an e-mail or text when there is an alarm event or a sensor activity. (or the program can be configured to let you know when it was not disarmed by a certain time, or a sensor has not been activated) This will let you know when the kids got home from school or whether or not a package was delivered. Notification sensors can be placed on medicine, liquor or gun cabinets, or office doors to help you keep an eye on sensitive areas. Notifications can be set up to monitor movement and activity (or lack of) throughout the house- providing valuable wellness insights in homes with sick or elderly resident.
- Arm/Disarm Status – Can’t remember if you set the alarm? You can check the status of your system and arm or disarm it remotely. This can also come in handy if you want to allow access to your home…but, don’t want to give out your code.
- Check Alarm Event History- Events are stored for 90 days-enabling you to go back and identify specific events or patterns. Can be invaluable for monitoring openings and closings in a small business.
Home Automation Features
- Control Door Locks – Z-Wave door locks can be controlled through the Total Connect App with the touch of an icon on your smartphone. Not only can you lock and unlock the door remotely, but you can login on your computer and assign new lock codes and grant guests, workers, or authorized persons access remotely with locks that have touch screen access capability.
- Manage Lights & Appliances– You will never have to enter a dark home again. Lights can be turned on and/or scheduled through the Total Connect 2.0 App. Scenes and schedules can be set up tha enable you to control multiple functions by activating s programmed “scene”. For instance, at night, you might set up a scene that arms the system, shuts off the lights, turns down the thermostat and closes the drapes….all at the push of a button.
- Energy Management– You can turn up the thermostat when you leave the slopes..and come home to a welcoming warm house. Reduce energy consumption and save money by programming schedules that control thermostat settings based on your lifestyle. Change in plans? The thermostat can be remotely adjusted to accommodate changes in your normal routine.
- Video Monitoring– You can easily log in and see how the kids are doing or check in on a pet or relative. Video notification can be set up to automatically send or archive a photo or video clip when sensors are activated.
- GPS-Vehicle and Asset Tracking – Honeywell Total Connect Tracking Services provide you with real time location information, via GPS, on items that are equipped with Honeywell GPS Sensors. Protect valuables and monitor the whereabouts of your vehicles. You can even get text or e-mail notifications when a vehicle exceeds certain speeds or moves beyond pre-mapped geographic boundaries.
- APL- Criminals know that most alarm systems have an alarm delay built in to allow you 30 seconds to disarm your system. In the event your door was kicked in and an intruder attempts to disable your system- Advanced Protection Logic will alert the central monitoring station if neither an alarm or disarm signal is received by the end of the entry delay period. This eliminates the potential vulnerability of a system being destroyed before an alarm signal can be sent out.
Total Connect Providers
Total Connect 2.0 Benefits – Video Summary
The Total Connect 2.0 App is Smart and Simple to Use
It’s a cinch to set up once you’ve activated your account with your authorized Honeywell security provider. Total Connect offers an intuitive user experience is reasonably well rated getting 3.9 starts on Google Play and a 3.5 on iTunes.
With icon and tab-based navigation …it is simple to access individual feature and perform common tasks-letting you monitor cameras, open doors, manage heat settings and control lights right from the palm of your hand!
Total Connect does an outstanding job of combining security and home automation features in an App that allows you to perform almost any function seamlessly with the touch of your fingertips!
Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to share your comments and feedback on Total Connect App for Windows, I-Phones and Android devices, below.