Total Connect 2.0 is an App developed by Honeywell that enables you to stay connected, monitor, and control virtually every aspect of Honeywell security systems remotely from a computer, tablet, or smartphone. This security and home automation interactive service platform is provided through web and mobile-based applications. There is a Total Connect 2.0 App for Windows, iPhones and Android devices.
A Total Connect App for Every Device
- I-Phones, I-Pads, IOS Computers, and the Apple Watch
- Android Phones and Tablets
- Windows Based Phones Computers and Tablets can access Total Connect 2.0 using the web browser
And the application integrates seamlessly with the Lynx Touch, Tuxedo Touch, VAM, and current Vista Control Panels.
Total Connect 2.0 App Features
- Text and E-mail Alerts and Notifications– With Total Connect remote services you can receive an e-mail or text when there is an alarm event or a sensor activity. (or the program can be configured to let you know when it was not disarmed by a certain time, or a sensor has not been activated) This will let you know when the kids got home from school or whether or not a package was delivered. Notification sensors can be placed on medicine, liquor or gun cabinets, or office doors to help you keep an eye on sensitive areas. Notifications can be set up to monitor movement and activity (or lack of) throughout the house- providing valuable wellness insights in homes with a sick or elderly resident.
- Arm/Disarm Status – Can’t remember if you set the alarm? You can check the status of your system and arm or disarm it remotely. This can also come in handy if you want to allow access to your home…but, don’t want to give out your code.
- Check Alarm Event History- Events are stored for 90 days, enabling you to go back and identify specific events or patterns. Can be invaluable for monitoring openings and closings in either a home or business.
Home Automation Features
- Control Door Locks – Z-Wave door locks can be controlled through the Total Connect App with the touch of an icon on your smartphone. Not only can you lock and unlock the door remotely, but you can log in on your computer and assign new lock codes and grant guests, workers, or authorized persons access remotely with locks that have touch screen access capability.
- Manage Lights & Appliances– You will never have to enter a dark home again. Lights can be turned on and/or scheduled through the Total Connect 2.0 App. Scenes and schedules can be set up to enable you to control multiple functions by activating s programmed “scene”. For instance, at night, you might set up a scene that arms the system, shuts off the lights, turns down the thermostat, and closes the drapes….all at the push of a button.
- Energy Management– You can turn up the thermostat when you leave the slopes..and come home to a welcoming warm house. Reduce energy consumption and save money by programming schedules that control thermostat settings based on your lifestyle. Change in plans? The thermostat can be remotely adjusted to accommodate changes in your normal routine.
- Video Monitoring– You can easily log in and see how the kids are doing or check in on a pet or relative. Video notification can be set up to automatically send or archive a photo or video clip when sensors are activated.
- GPS-Vehicle and Asset Tracking – Honeywell Total Connect Tracking Services provide you with real-time location information, via GPS, on items that are equipped with Honeywell GPS Sensors. Protect valuables and monitor the whereabouts of your vehicles. You can even get text or e-mail notifications when a vehicle exceeds certain speeds or moves beyond pre-mapped geographic boundaries.
- APL- Criminals know that most alarm systems have an alarm delay built-in to allow you 30 seconds to disarm your system. In the event your door was kicked in and an intruder attempts to disable your system- Advanced Protection Logic will alert the central monitoring station if neither an alarm nor disarm signal is received by the end of the entry delay period. This eliminates the potential vulnerability of a system being destroyed before an alarm signal can be sent out.
Total Connect Service Providers
Total Connect is typically installed by a security professional and is available through a network of Honeywell Authorized dealers, such as Monitronics. Honeywell’s authorized dealer can be found here.
In the News-Honeywell Spins Off Alarm Products Division to Resideo Technologies
In a highly anticipated move, in 2018 Honeywell has spun off its security division to form Residio Technologies. Resideo Total Connect Remote Services offers smart home and business solutions for consumers. With our app, users can remotely control their home or small business anytime, anywhere. Users may control their security system, video cameras, thermostats, lighting, locks and more.
Total Connect 2.0 Video Summary
This App is Smart and Simple to Use
It’s a cinch to set up once you’ve activated your account with your authorized Honeywell security provider. Total Connect offers an intuitive user experience that is reasonably well-rated getting 3.9 stars on Google Play and a 3.5 on iTunes.
With icon and tab-based navigation …it is simple to access individual features and perform common tasks. The Total Connect service lets you view live video as well as monitor cameras, open doors, manage heat settings, and control lights right from the palm of your hand!
Total Connect does an outstanding job of combining security and home automation features in an App that allows you to perform almost any function seamlessly with the touch of your fingertips! It gives you peace of mind knowing that you can monitor and manage your system right froim your smartphone.
Be the first to leave a review.
Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to share your comments and feedback on the Total Connect App for Windows, iPhones, and Android devices, below.