The Best Home Security SystemsThe Definitive Guide to The Best Home Security Companies of 2021
We’ve scoured the home security marketplace, rounded up the Top Alarm Companies, reviewed them thoroughly, and put them through the wringer with our exhaustive HSA review and ranking program. We set out to find the Best Home Security System for a number of different categories, and are proud to announce the Top 5 Best Home Security Companies of 2021!
Best Tech Support
Best Pro Install
Frontpoint - Best Home Security in Charlotte, NC Overall
- A+ BBB Rating
- 30 Day Risk Free Trial
- 100% Wireless System
- Landline Unavailable
Vivint - Best Security System for Home Automation
- Flexpay Financing
- Top of the Line Equipment
- Award Winning App
- Aggressive Sales Approach
ADT Charlotte NC - Best Professional Installation Alarm Company
- A+ BBB Rating
- Name Recognition
- Professional Installation
- More Expensive
Link Interactive - Best Tech Support for DIY Home Security
- A+ BBB Rating
- Equoment Selection
- Extensive Experience
- Self Install Only
SimpliSafe - Lowest Monitoring Rate for Top Charlotte Alarm Companies
Best Home Security System Reviews of 2021
Top 5 Alarm Companies of 2021
Navigation TIP– To make it easier to navigate directly to the information that you find most useful, we’ve created a Table of Contents to the left which will help allow you to “jump” to the section which most interests you.
How We Ranked
How We Ranked The Best Security Systems
While there are hundreds of variable taken into consideration, the HSA Rating System is based on 5 main criteria:
Reputation and Credibility– We look at how companies are rated by the BBB, online customer feedback, how long they have been in business, customer base, SDM ranking, etc.
Monitoring – Factored in are the monthly monitoring costs and length of contracts, the credentials, caliber, and redundancy of the monitoring stations as well as the services that are available.
Customer Service – We consider factors such as the ease of communicating, BBB ratings, online ratings, equipment warranties, and return policies to determine the quality of the customer experience after the sale.
Equipment and Technology -…are a primary consideration. Do they use name-brand equipment, offer home automation, video surveillance, remote access, and interactivity, and the latest hardware and home automation services?
Price and Value – And finally, we evaluate the overall value proposition based on upfront equipment and add on component costs, activation fees and installation costs, monitoring rates, and extended service and warranty considerations.
For more complete details on our rating criteria visit How We Rank.
Who We Rated
Who We Rated
While the majority of time on this review has been spent our Top 5 Best Home Security Companies, there were many other security companies worthy of consideration, which fell into a variety of categories.
National Home Security Companies
- Alarm Grid – A Honeywell and 2 Gig Technologies dealer selling DIY equipment with month-to-month contracts.
- Monitronics– The second-largest security company with professional installation exclusively through their dealer network.
- Protection One – 6th largest national home security provider with both DIY and professionally installed alarm systems.
- SimpliSafe – Massachusetts-based DIY alarm program with proprietary equipment and optional monitoring.
- SkyCover- Newcomer to the DIY home security market with 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee and standard Simon XTi panel.
- Vivint Security – Rebranded APX security company that specializes in home automation with 2GIG technology.
Regional Security Companies
- Ackerman Security – Southeastern Honeywell security dealer with low entry-level installs..and premium pricing.
- ADS Security – Southeastern security company with 60-month contracts.
- Alarmforce– Canadian-based security company with limited US availability. Leased and proprietary equipment.
- Bay Alarm – California-based security company with premium-priced professionally installed equipment.
- Guardian Security – Provides professional installation through a combination of corporate and local authorized dealers.
- AT&T Digital Life Digital Life Security systems can be bundled with cable or sold as an independent system.
- Cox Homelife – Homelife Security – SMC control panel is leased and requires a 24-month contract.
- TWC Intelligent Home – Intelligent Home Security systems are leased and require bundling and an 18-month contract.
- Xfinity Security – by Comcast, is proprietary equipment that is professionally installed-with customer service that is much maligned.
….and others such as SafeTouch Security, CPI Security, Vector Security, etc. The list will continue to grow, as we continue to evaluate security providers in our quest to identify the Best Home Security Companies of 2021 …and beyond!
Each of these companies has strengths and weaknesses…like any company, but has proven to be a reputable service provider.
Awarded Best Overall Security System!
#1 – Frontpoint Security
|Exceptional Customer Service||No Landline or Broadband Monitoring Available|
|NO Long Term Contracts!|
|Low Pressure Sales Approach|
|Advanced Monitoring Features|
|Comprehensive Equipment Selection|
|30 Day Guarantee-No Shipping or Restocking|
Frontpoint Security Features
- Best in Class Customer Experience– While there are many companies that maintain an A or A+ BBB rating…there are few that come close to exceeding customer expectations like Frontpoint. Online reviews and feedback on review sites and consumer rating sites are overwhelmingly positive and 94% of their customers would recommend them. Unlike much of the competition, the sales approach is low-key and no pressure. Like the company…we’ll as of Nov 2019, you’ll love the company’s new policy of NO Long Term Contracts! That’s right…all their plans are now month to month!
- 100% Wireless– Frontpoint offers only the most secure technology on their wireless home security systems. They are equipped standard with 100% cellular monitoring. This eliminates the possibility of cutting the phone or cable lines to disable communication to the monitoring station.
- Advanced Technology and Monitoring Features – Along with their comprehensive list of available security, surveillance, and home automation equipment, Frontpoint offers cutting-edge services in their Interactive monitoring packages. Powered by Alarm.com, Frontpoint systems include “Crash and Smash” protection and Geo-Location Services. The former ensures that the monitoring station is alerted even if the system is destroyed…and the latter enables advanced system automation functionality based on GPS cellular locations.
- Transparency and Integrity– With Frontpoint, WYSIWYG. (What You See Is What You Get) Unlike so many security websites, Frontpoint puts its cards on the table. Pricing is clear-and there are no tricks or hidden fees. They are so confident that they offer the best security system available that they back it with their No Questions Asked 30 Day Money Back Guarantee– with no shipping (either way) and no restocking fee!
State of the Art Technology – All of their monitoring plans enable you to control any smart device on the systems with voice control via Google Home or Amazon Alexa. In addition to night vision indoor cameras, Frontpoint also offers a doorbell camera and outdoor security cameras. With Frontpoint, you can monitor activity anywhere on the property…and even broadcast the video feeds on your big-screen TV with Apple TV or Roku!
Frontpoint offers outstanding customer service and one of the best DIY alarm programs in the industry. They back their system with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and has a comprehensive equipment portfolio that includes exterior cameras and energy management. Get a complete analysis in our Frontpoint Security Review or give them a call at:
Winner of Top Alarm Companies for Home Automation!
|Best Home Automation||Aggressive Door To Door Sales|
|Professionally Installed||More Expensive Add- Ons/Monitoring Rates|
|No Monitoring Contract|
Vivint- a Leader in Security and Home Automation
- Top-Notch Tech – Professionally Installed -While they may not be as large as ADT, Vivint has become a dominant player in the security and home automation industry by offering cutting-edge, professionally installed technology across the nation. the Vivint Sky panel is a technological tour de force…and the Vivint Sky App gives Vivint owners full control of their system at their fingertips. Their technicians ensure that it is installed right and that you are able to use all that technology.
- Superior Equipment with a Laundry List of Monitoring Features– Vivint systems are built to their demanding standards by 2Gig and are paired with their own feature-rich monitoring services. Their cellular-only monitoring eliminates the chances of phone lines being compromised and ensures lightning-fast response rates and trouble-free communication with their Vivint App.
No Contract Monitoring Rates – Vivint has recently introduced their new Flexpay structure which provides better transparency and simplifies the security and home automation purchasing process. Monitoring is competitively priced and does not require a contract. Equipment is purchased separately and can be financed over a 42 or 60-month period- with NO interest!
Vivint Security provides state-of-the-art security and home automation equipment and the most advanced home management app in the market. They have recently restructured their entire marketing strategy to eliminate lengthy monitoring contracts and create a program which is more transparent by separating equipment and monitoring fee structures.
Customers now have the option of financing the equipment or purchasing it outright without being tied down to long-term monitoring contracts. This should eliminate the vast majority of customer complaints that have plagued them over the years.
To make sure that you get the best deal and have a clear understanding of their program, we recommend that you call in at 844-610-0250 and speak directly to an in-house Vivint representative at the number listed above rather than relying on verbal assurances of a highly commissioned door to door representative.
They offer an extensive equipment selection and competitive monitoring packages which feature the top-rated Alarm.com interactive services with Crash and Smash protection and 2-way voice authentication. Check out our in-depth review of Vivint Home Security.
Awarded Best Alarm System for Name Recognition!
#3-ADT Monitored System
|Best Name Recognition||$99 Activation Fee|
|Professionally Installed||More Expensive Add- Ons/Monitoring Rates|
|6 Month Service Guarantee|
ADT Monitored Security- Best Home Security Company for Me?
- Best Name Recognition – When it comes to name recognition, ADT is virtually synonymous with home security. They have been the #1 name in home security for as long as most people can remember.
- Professional Installation – If you are concerned about installing it yourself, no one has been providing professionally installed home security systems longer than ADT….and they even come with their exclusive 6-month service guarantee. (certain restrictions apply)
Or Call for FREE Quote
Awarded Best Security System for Customer Service!
|Outstanding Reputation||More Complex Install|
|Extensive Equipment Selection||1 Year Warranty|
|Advanced Monitoring Features|
|Very Competitive Rates|
Things to Like About Link
- Superb Reputation -While they may not be a household name (yet), Link Interactive is carving out a spot in many Top 5 Best Home Security Company lists. The DIY alarm division of Mountain Alarm, a regional security company with an A+ BBB rating and 60 years’ experience installing home security systems enjoys a 98% customer approval rating.
- Extensive Equipment and Monitoring Features– Link Interactive Security systems feature the latest 2 Gig Technologies wireless equipment, paired with their own feature-rich monitoring services. Link Interactive monitoring includes all of Alarm.com’s advanced features including Crash and Smash Protection, Geo-Location Services…as well as 2-way voice monitoring.
- Simple, Competitive Monitoring Rates – In addition to very competitive monitoring rates, Link Interactive keeps it simple when it comes to their plans. Their “basic” Gold Plan includes cellular monitoring, all Alarm.com interactive services, and full home automation for one low price-$39.99 a month. Want video? No Problem…just $5/mo. More.
Awarded Best Alarm System for Low Monthly Costs!
|Easy to Install||Limited Home Automation Capability|
|Low Monitoring Rates||Proprietary Equipment|
|No Contract Required||No Crash and Smash|
|60 Day Return Policy|
SimpliSafe Keeps it Simple
They separated themselves from the rest of the pack of our best alarm companies by providing affordable equipment and low monthly monitoring rates-with no contract required.
SimpliSafe has over 10 years of experience and has helped hundreds of thousands of customers get affordable protection by offering:
- Affordable Up Front Pricing – With basic security systems starting around $200 SimpliSafe makes it affordable for virtually anyone to get started with a home security system
- Low Basic Monitoring Rates– If you are on a budget, and don’t need all the bells and whistles, SimpliSafe has monitoring rates as low as $14.99.
- No Contracts Required – Unlike many of the best home security companies-SimpliSafe does not require a contract.
SimpliSafe offers an affordable, easy to install DIY Security System.
They offer basic equipment packages, with affordable equipment costs, monitoring options, a 60-Day Return Policy, and a 3 Year Warranty, and an easy to install system.
FAQs and Tips for Choosing the Best Home Security System
Home Security Systems- Are they Worth it?
Is Home Security Worth it?
While most people reading this article are already convinced a home security system is a smart investment, there may still be some that are still on the fence…or perhaps not aware of the many benefits of owning a security and home automation system.
While most folks still think of them as burglar alarms….the best security systems include tons of features that you might not have considered or been aware of. There are lots of creative uses for contacts that you may not have considered, such as:
- Monitor Gun Cabinets
- Medicine Cabinets
- Sensitive File Drawers
- Pool Gates
Although the primary motivation for purchasing a system is usually to protect against break-ins and provide additional protection from fires…the best alarm systems can help
- Prevent Frozen Pipes– with low-temperature sensors that detect when the temperature drops below 45 degrees.
- Water Damage and Flood Detection– Sensors can be incorporated into the best home security systems that will detect the presence of water in time to take steps to prevent or mitigate water damages.
Most of the best security companies include mobile applications such as Alarm.com and Total Connect that enable you to control not only the security system but also a number of Z-Wave home automation components on any Android, Apple IOS, Pebble, IPad, Blackberry, or Windows-based device.
- Lighting – Can be controlled through Z-Wave modules that interface with most of the top alarm systems.
- Thermostats- Save energy and money by programming the system to reduce the heat when the system is armed.
- Door Locks– Can be automatically set to be locked when arming the system at night…and controlled remotely to allow someone access.
Financial Benefits of Owning a Security System
- Reduce Insurance Costs – The best home security companies will provide you with a certificate of installation which may save you from 5-20% on your homeowners’ insurance. Make sure that they know that you have a professionally monitored security system…and let them know if you have monitored fire protection as well.
- Lower Energy Cost and Consumption– Top alarm systems can incorporate energy management capabilities and enable you to optimize Z-Wave lighting and thermostats to reduce your energy consumption.
- Increase Resale Value– Security and home automation systems are some of the “bells and whistles” that appeal to buyers and add to the perceived value of a home.
In summary, a modern security and home automation system in today’s best home security systems can provide dozens of features and benefits that can easily justify the investment. We hope that you have found this guide helpful in your search to find the best home security system to help protect you and your family.
Please feel free to share The Top 5 Best Home Security Companies of 2021 and let us know about your experiences with any of our top alarm companies.
Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best Security System for Your Home
How to choose the BEST Home Security System?
The first step in selecting a home security system is assessing your needs, priorities, and budget. While each of our Top 5 Best Home Security Companies is worthy of your consideration, your situation and individual preferences are unique.
To find the security system and company that is best for you, it is important to determine your priorities.
DIY Home Security Systems vs Professional Install Home Security Companies?
One of the first considerations is whether or not you want to install the system yourself or pay for a professional installation. Historically, systems had to be hardwired into the home. This would involve drilling and cutting holes in the walls, fishing wires, and complicated mounting and extensive programming.
But…times have changed. Even the companies that professionally install the systems are now using primarily wireless equipment.
The technology has been greatly improved over the years to make the equipment extremely user-friendly…and the more experienced DIY alarm companies have greatly streamlined the installation process to make it simple for even the most technologically challenged homeowners.
The better companies will pre-program the entire system before sending it out so that all the end-user has to do is mount the devices and call in to have the system activated. Over 90% of homeowners found our best DIY alarm systems easy to install!
Advantages of Home Security Companies that offer DIY Alarms
Potential benefits of getting Best Home Security System with DIY Install
- Cost Savings– Installing a DIY security system from one of the best home security companies can mean big savings. Top security companies that sell self-installed DIY systems don’t have to factor in expensive professional installation. The cost savings with the DIY best security system can be substantial when compared to the top-ranking professionally installed home security companies.
- No Contracts – If you were to invest in one of the top choices in the professionally installed best home security system category, it would likely involve a 3-year contract. But, some of the best home alarm systems that offer DIY installation, such as Frontpoint, which earned our award for the best security system for customer service, now provides state-of-the-art equipment with only a month-to-month commitment.
- No Waiting– One of the big advantages of buying a DIY alarm listed in our top home security companies is that there is no need to take time off from work or schedule an installation time. The DIY installation option available on the best home security systems means you can install the system when it is convenient for you.
- Enhances Familiarity– Home security systems reviews indicate that homeowners and renters who set up DIY alarms that are ranked among the best home security companies become more familiar with all the features and operations of their systems. Let’s face it, the best security system is the one that you will be comfortable using, and is armed all the time!
- Portability– With the best DIY security systems, when you move, your alarm system moves with you. Many home security system reviews from some of the owners of the best home security systems that need to be professionally installed complain that service is not available in their area when they relocate. Home security is important no matter where you and your family may live. The best home security system is that one that protects the things that are most important to you no matter where life takes you.
- No strangers in your home – The best home security companies take great care in hiring technicians. Nevertheless, even the best home security companies that must be professionally installed sometimes have to use 3rd party sub-contractors. Often times the best security system might be getting installed by a technician that might not be thoroughly vetted. You can assure your family of the best home security by having complete control over the entire process. Why share sensitive information with a complete stranger? With DIY home security companies, this is never a problem.
Benefits of DIY Home Security Companies
Advantages of Home Security Companies with Professional Install Services
- Less Effort
- More Expertise
While a professionally installed system might involve less effort, the vast majority found that the systems provided by the best DIY alarm companies were easy to install, user friendly, and saved them a substantial amount over a professionally installed system.
(And I venture to say that they got a certain amount of pride and self-satisfaction in having done it themselves…)
Tips for the Best Home Security System with Professional Install
Not everyone is comfortable with technology. We get it.
And many of the best security systems are still being professionally installed. But if you are scheduling a technician to come into your home, make sure to follow these best home security practices:
For those who choose a professionally installed security system from among the top-ranked home security systems, make sure that you determine how experienced the installation technician is. The best security system companies will require that all technicians are background checked and have undergone drug screening.
Be sure to ask whether or not the company is using its own employees or uses 3rd party subcontractors. Alarm companies that are working with subcontractors often have less control over the vetting process.
And finally, make sure that installers have proper ID and have gone through extensive vetting before allowing them into your house.
Landline vs. Broadband vs. Cellular
When selecting the best home security system to help protect your home and family, one of the most important criteria to consider is how the system will be communicating to the central monitoring station. Historically, it wasn’t that long ago when the only way to send a signal was through a landline. Fortunately, technology has developed faster, more efficient, and more secure methods of communication that afford additional options to meet the demands of security-savvy consumers.
The basic landline connection is typically the most affordable means of communication. However, it has limited capabilities and is more susceptible to potential security threats. Landlines can be compromised by simply cutting the phone line. This eliminated the means of communication and reduces the security system to nothing more than a noise-maker.
Additionally, landlines cannot transmit the data signals that power the mobile applications which play such an important role in today’s best home security systems. Today’s consumers are looking to be able to monitor and manage security and home automation functions from anywhere through apps on their mobile devices.
Broadband is certainly the fastest means of communication a signal and excellent data bandwidth transmission capability but suffers from the same security vulnerabilities as the landline. It can be defeated with a $5.00 set of wire cutters. Additionally, broadband communication is susceptible to local power and cable outages.
Consequently, in most situations, we recommend a system equipped with a cellular connection (or a system with multiple, redundant capability). It operates on its own independent cellular communicator which is typically incorporated into the main control panel. It cannot be cut by intruders and is not affected by local phone, cable, or power outages…as the system has a battery backup. Most companies offer both CDMA and GSM cellular technologies which afford coverage in the vast majority of the country.
Of course, the exception might be if one resides in an area where there is no cellular coverage or cable service. (or if there is no interest in interactive apps and services) In this case, we highly recommend that exposed phone or cable wires on the exterior of the home are protected with conduit, to protect against the potential for line cuts.
Hardwired vs. Wireless
Back in the ’80s and ’90s when wireless security systems were first introduced, the technology was far less reliable than it is today. There were many security purists who insisted that hard-wired systems were the only way to go. Of course, this required professional installation, cutting holes, and fishing wires…and, of course, the typical installation would cost thousands of dollars.
However, as the industry has evolved, technology has improved…and costs have come way down. The batteries that power wireless sensors last for many years and the systems employ learn mode technology to ensure that the sensors communicate properly with the control panel-eliminating the possibility of wireless interference.
As a result, even the “professional installation” companies install wireless alarm systems…almost exclusively in residential applications. While hardwired systems are still used in certain commercial applications…it is unusual to see modern systems being hard-wired in a residential system.
Local vs. National
When it comes to choosing a security company to help protect your home and family, we recommend selecting a national home security company that has a stable history and specializes in home security….across the nation. In a mobile society, who knows when you may need to relocate…and need to secure a home in another part of the country.
The last thing you want is to be tied to a contract with a cable company that doesn’t service that area or a small local security company that only provides service in a limited geographical market. Over the years, I have seen countless local security companies go out of business or sell out to national companies because they could no longer compete….leaving their loyal customers confused, unprotected, or at the mercy of their new service provider.
Top 5 Features of the Best Home Security Systems' Control Panels
Things to consider when choosing an alarm panel from a Top Alarm Company.
Top 5 things to look for in The Best Security System Alarm Panels
Many companies offer multiple options regarding the central control panel that will serve as the hub of your entire home security system. When trying to select the Best Alarm System, make sure you look into the following features.
- Encryption – Not all panels have adequate encryption to protect against modern-day hackers. Encrypted Sensors make it very difficult to hack. If you are upgrading a system, that could mean having to upgrade all your sensors. Some panels, like the 2GIG GC2e, are also backward compatible with prior generations.
- Aesthetic and UI – Today’s panels should be sleeker and more modern, with capacitive touch screen controls.
- 2-Way Voice – Industry-leading panels offer 2-way voice capability that allows direct communication with the CMS when an alarm is triggered.
- Z-Wave Plus – This is a new-and-improved protocol, allowing home-automation products to have more battery power, higher functionality, longer range, and many more benefits over the original Z-Wave protocol
- Alarm App – Make sure that the security and home automation platform seamlessly integrates the entire system and enables remote management, observation, and control, from your smartphone, computer, or tablet with an internet connection. You can check Apple App Store or Google Play for ratings.
Arming Mode Capabilities
Arming Modes of the Best Home Security Systems
OFF — Many of the alarm features are still active even when your home security system is switched off. Your alarm system will still alert you if a doorway or window is opened. The smoke detectors, carbon monoxide sensors and environmental and life safety systems (i.e. water or low temperature) are still active. So, even if the system isn’t armed, if a fire breaks out your system will still alert the central monitoring station.
Stay– You can arm only the perimeter protection at the doors and windows by arming your system in the “stay” mode. This will enable you to move about the home freely and still have a certain degree of protection.
Away – The away mode will trigger any interior motion detectors in addition to the doors and windows.
Instant — You can eliminate the entry delay on your home security system by arming it in instant mode.
Duress – You can set up a special duress code that will notify the monitoring center that there’s a potential hostage situation.
Panic – The best home security systems are also equipped with an emergency panic button. These will alert the central monitoring station that there is an occupied panic scenario. They will typically dispatch the proper authorities immediately…and then contact the home to verify the signal.
Best Home Security System Arming Options
When evaluating the top security systems, make sure that each of these arming modes and features is available.
Top Alarm Systems - App features
The Best Home Security Systems
Things You Can Do With Their Mobile Apps
The Best Home Security Systems have begun to incorporate many new capabilities in recent years. Top alarm systems typically provide a central hub that gives you the ability to control virtually any connected device that is compatible with the system.
- Arm/Disarm System – All home security apps let you arm and disarm your alarm from any mobile device.
Lock/Unlock Doors – With the best security systems, you don’t have to worry if you forgot your keys. Mobile Apps featured by the top alarm companies enable you to unlock compatible door locks.
- Best Security Company Cameras – Best Home Security Compatible Cameras allow you to record video or watch in real-time- right through the app. A security camera from one of our best alarm companies lets you oversee your pets and observe the children as they arrive home from school.
- Real-Time Alerts – Mobile apps from the best alarm companies allow you to set real-time alerts that will notify you via text or e-mail when the kids get home, there is an intrusion, fire or any event you wish to program into the system.
Thermostat Control – Top Home Security systems mobile apps can even serve as a home energy management hub. They allow the user to control the thermostat and…
- Turn Lights On/OFF – ensure that you never have to walk into an unlit home. The best home alarm systems can be equipped with smart lighting which is controlled through the mobile app.
- Control Appliances – With most of our top home security systems, you can even start the coffee maker or an air conditioner from the office. wouldn’t it be great to come home to a warm cup of coffee and/or a cool house?
Mobile Apps – Benefits of the Best Security Systems
Making the Most of the Sensors from Top Security Companies
Unique Sensor Uses Available in the Best Home Alarm Systems
You can use door or window sensors to safeguard many areas of your home with most of the best home security companies.
Most home security reviews don’t mention it, but basic magnetic contacts can be configured so that they don’t actually activate the alarm. A sensor can be set up so it will chime and send a notification alert through your mobile app. Once you receive a signal, you can observe your home security camera right on your smartphone.
Door or window contacts have a number of alternative uses:
Gun Safe – Place a sensor on your gun cabinet for an extra layer of protection. While most people know enough to lock their gun safes, the best home security companies can provide a second layer of protection with the addition of a magnetic contact- set in “report-only” mode. That way, if someone finds the code or key, your alarm system will send an e-mail notification via SMS or e-mail to alert you when your cabinet is accessed.
Liquor and Medicine Cabinets- You can even monitor the contents of your liquor and medicine cabinets. The best security systems will allow you to set schedules in your app and notify you if a cabinet was not opened by a certain time. This can be useful to ensure that someone is taking medications on a timely basis.
Hazardous Materials- The best home alarm systems can even help protect against accidental poisoning. Install contacts on any cabinet within a child’s reach that might contain harmful or toxic materials. Then program the sensor to in report-only mode.
Tool Shed- If the tool shed is located within the range of the hub of your system, a sensor can be placed on the door of your tool shed as well. In some situations, it may require special outdoor sensors to deal with extreme temperatures and the elements.
Mailbox- Wondering if the mail has been delivered? Door/window sensors can be placed on the mailbox to let you know.
Pool Gate -It is especially important for families with young children to be aware of the status of a pool gate. The best home security companies have outdoor sensors that can be placed on the pool gate. Check with customer service to find out what sensors are best suited for your situation.
Keep in mind that outdoor applications may require more robust sensors. Mounting on some surfaces can be difficult and the distance to the sensor from the main hub of the wireless security system can be a limiting factor.
The best home security system for some people is the company that can provide the most variety of equipment sensors to accomplish specific tasks.
Best Home Security Sensor Uses – Infographic
Customization Tips for Creating the Best Security System
Important Considerations When Customizing the Best Home Security Systems
Before deciding on how to best customize top alarm systems, make sure that they can provide the equipment you require for a fully customized and cost-effective system. For a truly custom install and to get the most bang for your buck, make sure the system you choose has the versatility and can accommodate the multi-function components described below.
1 The best home security companies oﬀer a full line of “take-over” devices that allow you to upgrade your current security equipment to the most advanced system available. If you are upgrading a system with a fair amount of existing equipment, this is an important consideration.
2 Top alarm companies offer multiple specialized sensor options for your doors and windows include recessed, plunger, and bypass – providing custom solutions for nearly any installation scenario.
3 It is optimal to be able to open and close your garage door with the same keyfob you use for
your alarm system. You can also control it with a smartphone thanks to Z-wave products that interface with most garage door brands.
4 Protect your home from frozen and broken water pipes and furnace and air conditioning failure with this multi-purpose sensor. Top home security companies provide sensors that can serve double duty. Check to see if multi-function sensors are available with your system.
5 Triple-duty detectors are found on the best security systems that can activate the system when it senses smoke and high and low temperatures.
How are the Best Home Security Companies Responding to the Pandemic
2020 Coronavirus Update – How Top Alarm Companies Combat The Covid-19 Pandemic
As the pandemic continues to drag on…when you consider home security company rankings, it makes sense to look into how the best home security companies are protecting employees and customers against the prospect of Covid-19 infection.
While contact face to face contact is not a concern with DIY alarms, companies that install the best home alarm systems should have systems in place to deal with in-home sales, service, and installation concerns.
The best home security companies with professional installation need to show that they have systems in place to reassure some of the potential customers who are considering the Best DIY home security systems because they are concerned about face-to-face sales, service, or installation interactions.
The best home alarm companies, publish their policies for maintaining their sales, service, and monitoring standards and outline what steps they are taking to ensure the safety of both their employees and customers. This is important to reassure customers that they have a solid plan to be able to continue to operate in the midst of the ongoing health crisis.
- To limit exposure to Covid-19, top alarm companies now encourage as many employees as possible to work remotely. Many companies are providing secure laptops to remote workers to assure privacy while providing tech support for their top-rated home security systems.
- The best alarm system companies have redundant monitoring centers. In the event of a local health emergency, calls could then be re-routed to an alternate facility.
- Customer-facing employees are typically given additional cleaning supplies, protective masks, and protective tools. A lot of security companies are contacting their customers before every appointment to ensure that no one is sick and that they can provide a safe work environment.
- For those who are uncomfortable receiving sales, service, or installation staff in their homes, the best security companies will provide a number of ways (Chat, Phone, Online, etc.) to reschedule.
During the Covid-19 health emergency, it is extremely important for the best home alarm companies to closely follow CDC Guidelines to ensure the safety of both security company employees and customers.
If you have recently installed any of our top home security systems, make sure that help our readers looking to compare home security systems and share your experiences in the sections for home security systems reviews.
The Best Home Security Systems of 2021 – Video Summary
Best Home Security Companies of 2021 - Transcript
If you are looking for The Best Home Security Systems with the most competitive monitoring rates…you are in luck!
We have compiled a list for Savvy homeowners that are looking for the best home security companies that can offer nationwide service.
The following make up our top 5 picks.
#1 Best Overall – Frontpoint Security
Best known for their industry-leading customer service, Frontpoint delivers top-notch equipment and competitive rates- with NO Long-Term Contracts!
#2 Best Home Automation – Vivint Security
Looking for professionally installed, state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge home automation capabilities? Look no further!
#3 Best Professional Installation – ADT Monitored Safe Streets Security
If you are looking for a professionally installed system, there is no company with more experience or a more recognized name in the home security business than ADT. They are #1 for a reason….and
have been for more than 10 Years!
#4 Best Tech Support – Link Interactive
The parent company, Mountain Alarm has 60 years of experience to make sure that your system is installed right. Link Interactive Home Security has a full lineup of equipment at extremely competitive prices.
#5 Lowest Monitoring Rates -SimpliSafe Security
An award-winning DIY self-installed system with a solid track record and low monitoring rates-starting at just $14.99!
So there you have it… Our Top 5 picks for the best home security companies of 2021.
To determine the best security systems for YOUR needs…
Compare, Click or Call below.
Best Home Security Systems Equipment
Top Security Companies Commonly Used Sensors
Best Home Security System Door Sensors
The best wireless security systems have sensors that will notify you when a door or window is opened.
Best Home Security Smoke Sensor
The Best Home Security monitoring should include fire protection.
Best Home Security System Smart Thermostat
When you compare top security systems, make sure they accommodate smart thermostats.
Top Security Companies Motion Sensors
The best home security includes pet-friendly sensors that detect movement of objects that exceed 40 lbs.
Indoor Video Camera
Best Home Security Systems Camera
Top-rated home security systems must have security cameras.
Can’t decide which of the Best Home Security Companies is right for you?
Get help selecting one of the Top Security Companies.
Take Our Simple Quiz to find the Best Home Security System for your family.
Best Home Security Companies of 2021 Summary
Why we chose Frontpoint as our #1 Pick
Frontpoint Security…now available without signing a long-term contract!
Perhaps you want Alarm.com interactive services like “Crash and Smash” and Geo-Location or external cameras incorporated into your security system. These were just a couple of reasons that we chose Frontpoint as our top pick .
They offer a comprehensive equipment selection with the latest military-grade encryption.
All of this backed by the best customer service in the industry and an iron-clad, no questions asked 30 Day Return Policy, which includes shipping and no restocking fees!
AND…new for 2020- Frontpoint no longer requires a contract!
Whichever company you choose from our Top 5, you can feel confident that you have made an outstanding selection …and you and your family will enjoy the peace of mind and comfort and convenience that comes with owning one of the best security and home automation systems of 2020!
Last Updated on July 22, 2021 by The Home Security Advisor