CPI Security – CPI Alarm Reviews and the CPI inTouch App
CPI Security Reviews Reveal Customer Concerns
Is the CPI Security “free” equipment really free? Get the inside track in our CPI Security Reviews, and find out if CPI Home Security systems equipped with the CPI InTouch App might be the right system for you…
CPI Security Reviews – The Verdict Is In
Customer CPI reviews tell the story….Learn how real customers feel about CPI Security pricing, their CPI Security monitoring plans and the CPI InTouch App in our section on customer CPI Security Reviews.
CPI Security – What you need to know…
CPI Security is a local security provider in the southeast that advertises up to $1700 in “free” equipment with a $99.00 activation fee. But, what is the catch? Is it too good to be true?
Well…you know the old adage…if it sounds too good to be true…
Read on and we’ll dive in and uncover the truth.
Online customer CPI Security Reviews express concerns with 60-month contracts, auto-renewal clauses, misrepresentation, and reveal the little-known fact that the systems are disabled upon contract termination.
If you currently have a CPI Home Security system, we hope you will share your experience with our readers below.
Prospective CPI Security purchaser…. or perhaps active CPI Home Security user?
Making plans for protecting your family members with a CPI alarm system?…Or perhaps you already are a customer and are trying to post or read CPI Security Reviews or simply are searching for details on additional costs and services.
The Home Security Advisor was created to be a complete source of information to guide you in finding the information you’ll want to help make well-informed choices with regards to home security.
In addition to thorough research and summation reviews, you can discover a place for legitimate customer reviews, micro product comparisons with best rated suppliers, and frequently asked questions …as well as:
- Techniques for preventing false alarms
- How you can spend less on your insurance premiums
- And even several other potential benefits to owning a CPI Security system.
To assist your search to discover more about CPI Home Security and CPI inTouch, along with pertinent info on several of the alternative most widely used home security service providers, check out helpful table of contents, with “quick jump” links that may help you navigate directly to the actual chapters which are most significant for your needs.
CPI Security Reviews -Summary
Not sure if a CPI Alarm is right for you?
Thinking of switching from CPI Security?
Take Our Simple Quiz to find your Best Home Security Company.
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 7.6
- BBB Rating -A+
- Years in Business - 20+
- SDM Ranking - 19
- Equip. Man - Varies
- Upfront Costs - $99.00+
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $29.99
- Contract Length - 39-60 mo.
- Installation- Pro
- Relocation - Hard
- Equip. Warranty - 90 Day
- Return Policy - 3 Day
Quick Jump to side by side summary comparisons of CPI Security vs :
CPI Security Review Sections- Click to Jump to Section
Reputation and Credibility
CPI- Crime Prevention, Inc., has been protecting homes and businesses in the southeast for over 20 years. They currently service Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina and have over 100,000 customers.
If you don’t happen to live in one of those states, then you should check out our Top Rated Alarm Companies.
CPI Home Security ranks #19 in the SDM Top 100 and, despite a fair amount of poor customer reviews and negative online feedback, maintains an A+ BBB rating.
Their website has an impressive appearance but lacks substance and transparency. This does little to bolster confidence in a company that has been plagued with negative online feedback for aggressive sales tactics and misrepresentation.
CPI Alarm Monitoring
CPI owns their own monitoring center which provides their customers with 24/7 UL Listed, CSAA Five Diamond Certified monitoring. 2- way voice and video verification are available.
CPI does offer interactive service capability, which is provided by their own mobile application CPI Security inTouch.
The CPI InTouch interactive application enables you to watch live video, arm and disarm your security and control installed home automation components. It is available in IOS, Android and Blackberry formats to allow security and home automation management on nearly any mobile device.
CPI requires a 60-month monitoring contract for their wireless security systems, with rates that run between $39.99 and $64.99.
There is an additional charge for their Service Plus extended service warranty.
CPI Security Pricing and Equipment
They use a variety of equipment manufactured by GE, DSC, 2Gig, and home automation equipment from Yale and Liftmaster.
They offer up to $1700 in “Free” Equipment which is basically just included in the monitoring prices. Monitoring prices are increased when you swap out devices (or add additional sensors) that are included in the basic equipment package-which varies depending on current promotions and availability.
It does require an initial $99.00 Installation Fee for homeowners and $299 for renters, with credit approval, of course.
It should be noted that…while the customer retains ownership of the equipment, CPI disables the control panel upon termination of monitoring services….rendering the system useless.
CPI Home Security Customer Service
CPI Home Security has closed 43 complaints with the BBB over the past 3 years and has still maintained an A+ BBB rating. This would seem to indicate that they do a reasonably good job resolving major customer issues once they have been filed with the BBB.
The majority of negative online feedback is related to the failure to disclose the terms of the contract and difficulties in canceling the service.
Even with the CPI Service Plus (which is an additional charge, over and above the standard monitoring rate) relocation and renovation costs are NOT covered. Nor are any of the components involved in video or energy management –which are only covered by the manufacturer for 90 days.
They require a 60 Month Monitoring contract. In the event that service is discontinued, the customer is responsible for 75% of the remaining contractual term. With a 60 month contract….this can be a substantial amount of money.
In addition, it should be noted that CPI requires notice of intent to terminate or discontinue service must be received in writing, with signature required, 60 days prior to the end of the contract.
The contract also contains an auto-renewal clause which stipulates that the contract automatically renews on an annual basis-obligating the customer to an additional 12 months of service at the original rates. (which likely included substantial equipment costs)
And finally, there are numerous complaints that customers were never informed of their practice of disabling the control panel chip upon cancellation of monitoring services.
CPI Security – Summary
While CPI offers an impressive amount of professionally installed equipment with very limited upfront investment required (and some attractive monitoring features with audio and video verification), it is important to realize that the long-term costs may far outweigh the benefits.
CPI retains the right to disable the control panel…despite the fact that customers are required to pay premium monitoring rates and are bound to a 5-year contract that’s 60 months.
Based on previous customer experience…you may be required to pay huge early termination fees, even if you move outside their very limited 4 state service area.
And be advised…make sure that you read and understand ALL of the fine print. Many customers have been surprised that when they went to cancel, after they thought they were out from under their 5-year contractual obligation, that the contract automatically renews for a year – unless 60-day notice was sent prior to the expiration of the contract.
If you reside outside the service area and/or are looking for the best values in home security-with transparent equipment and monitoring prices…. I would highly recommend that you check out our Top Alarm Companies, before signing on the CPI dotted line.
If you have experience with a CPI Home Security System, please leave a review below to share with our readers.
Customer CPI Security Reviews
Be the first to leave a review.
CPI Security – Video Summary Review
CPI Home Security System -Equipment
Control Panel- Varies- GE, 2Gig Technologies, DSC
CPI Security inTouch App
– Enables user to control any of the system components remotely on any internet enabled device.
Common CPI Security FAQs
Will I need to sign a contract with CPI Security?
If you wish to finance the equipment, you can choose between a 39 and 60-month contract. CPI Security will also do month to month contracts for those who elect to purchase their equipment upfront.
How much does CPI Security cost?
CPI Home Security systems start at $499.99 installed. Upfront installation costs will vary depending on the equipment required and the contract length.
$29.99 – Basic Security
$39.99 – inTouch Security+Smart Home
$49.99 – inTouch Security+Smart Home + Video
What areas does CPI Security service?
CPI Home Security service is available in Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Can I install CPI Security Systems myself?
No. CPI Security systems are professionally installed by their company-trained technicians.
Does CPI Security work with Alexa?
Yes…CPI Alarm systems can work with Alexa.
As security systems continue to evolve, many CPI Home Security system owners are exploring ways to use their CPI Security systems to manage and automate their homes.
One of the most popular features that are being incorporated into home security systems is voice control.
You can have an Alexa-compatible system to execute simple commands or complete scenes such as arming the system, locking doors, turning off light, and turning down the thermostat -with a single command!
What Extra Precautions Does CPI Home Security Take Against Covid-19?
CPI Security Protocols Re: Coronavirus Pandemic
While most people are deeply concerned with the spread of Covid-19, the CPI Security website, at the time of this update, does not seem to have a published policy statement of how they are addressing the pandemic. It is unclear how they are meeting the security needs of their customers while maintaining a safe environment for their employees.
Home security companies that professionally install their systems face the challenges of how to handle in-home sales, service, or installation appointments.
Prior to having a CPI Security representative or technician into your home, one might want to contact the CPI Alarm Co. customer service to determine what additional steps are being taken to protect all parties during the Coronavirus pandemic
The best home alarm companies publish their policies to maintain their sales, service, and monitoring standards while ensuring the safety of both their employees and customers.
- Many home security companies now allow a large percentage of their employees to work remotely to better safeguard their employees against the spear of Covid-19. They provide secure laptops for remote workers to ensure privacy.
- The best alarm companies have multiple monitoring centers. In the event of a major outbreak, calls can be re-routed to another facility.
- Employees that deal face to face with customers are typically issued additional cleaning supplies, protective masks, and protective tools. Moreover, home alarm companies are contacting their customers prior to an appointment to make sure that they can provide a safe work environment.
- Additionally, during the pandemic, many companies will encourage customers to reschedule if they are uncomfortable receiving sales, service or installation personnel in their homes.
During the Covid 19 health emergency, the best home security companies closely follow CDC Guidelines to ensure the safety of both security company employees and customers.
To satisfy any concerns you might have, you will have to contact CPI Security Customer Service to assess their Coronavirus protocols.
More Frequently Asked Questions about CPI Security Systems
How does CPI Home Security stand up to the competition?
If you reside in one of the 4 southeast states serviced by CPI Home Security and are looking for a professionally installed alternative to an ADT, Monitronics or Vivint Home Security and Automation System, CPI is an option. However, you may want to take a close look at the fine print and make sure that you understand all the ins and outs, before signing on the dotted line. You can see where they stand on our Top 5 Rated Alarm Companies or in the side by side comparison summaries, below.
CPI vs ADT vs Vivint vs Armorax vs Frontpoint vs Protect America vs Link Interactive Security
(Click “+” Below to Toggle Open Columns and Expand)
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 7.6
- BBB Rating -A+
- Years in Business - 20+
- SDM Ranking - 19
- Equip. Man - Varies
- Upfront Costs - $99.00+
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $29.99
- Contract Length - 39-60 mo.
- Installation- Pro
- Relocation - Hard
- Equip. Warranty - 90 Day
- Return Policy - 3 Day
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 8.1
- BBB Rating -C+
- Years in Business - <5
- SDM Ranking - NA
- Equip. Man -?
- Upfront Costs - $99 Min.
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $34.95
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- DIY
- Relocation - Easy
- Equip. Warranty - 3 Year
- Return Policy - 30 Day
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 8.8
- BBB Rating - A
- Years in Business - 20+
- SDM Ranking - 15
- Equip. Man - GE
- Upfront Costs - $0
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $19.99
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- DIY or Pro
- Relocation - Easy
- Equip. Warranty - Lifetime
- Return Policy - 14 Days
Facts and Features
- HSA Rating - 8.6
- BBB Rating - A+
- Years in Business - 18
- SDM Ranking - #1
- Equip. Man - Varies
- Upfront Costs - $99.00+
- Min. Monitoring Rate - $36.99
- Contract Length - 36 mo.
- Installation- Pro Only
- Relocation - Available
- Equip. Warranty - Lifetime
- Return Policy - 3 Day
CPI Alarms vs Vivint
CPI Home Security vs Vivint
Although they have been around for 20+ years, CPI offers only a very limited service footprint in the southeast. Online CPI Security reviews express concerns with a number of factors, including 5 year monitoring contracts, high monitoring rates, relocation policy, auto-renewal clauses and the fact that CPI retains the right to disable the panel upon service cancellation. Vivint offers a premium nationwide service network which specializes in home security and home automation. They have grown to become the 3rd largest provider in the US over the past 10 years. Vivint offers simple monitoring packages and 0% Flexpay equipment financing. If you choose to purchase the equipment out right, Vivint even offers you competitively priced monitoring with no contract required. Other Vivint Benefits:
- Touchscreen Vivint Sky Control Panel comes standard
- Professional Installation by experienced background checked technicians
- A wide rand of Automation and Monitoring Features
- Nationwide Service Network
- State of the Art Technology – Voice Control and 2 Way Voice Communication
- Exceptional Home Automation Features
- Nationwide Relocation Program
- Award Winning Vivint Home App- 4.5 Stars!
- 0% Interest Flexpay Equipment Financing
- Lifetime Equipment Warranty
Before committing to a 5-year contract, make sure that you investigate CPI Security reviews and consider all your options. If you are looking for a premium home automation feature set, you should definitely investigate what has made Vivint a household name in security and home automation!
Call For FREE Quote- 844-610-0250
CPI Home Security vs ADT Monitored Security
ADT vs CPI
If you are considering a CPI alarm, you are likely more interested in a quality professionally installed home security system …. Because it is professionally installed and is the most highly recognized and most trusted brand in home security, ADT should be on the top of the list of companies to consider for a professionally installed security system.
When comparing CPI Security with ADT or any of our DIY alarm systems it is important to consider the fine print…
CPI Home Security Fine Print:
- 60 Month Contracts
- High Monthly Monitoring Rates- $40-$65
- Service Plus program is Extra- Contains lots of exclusions- 90 Days P+L on Video and Energy Management Devices
- Renters Pay $299 Installation
- No Relocation Plan
- Limited Service Area
- 60 Day Cancellation Notice Required (after 60 Month Contract)
- Auto Renewal Clause (after contractual obligations are met- Renews Annually)
- CPI Disables System upon cancellation
In light of all the “fine print” it would be prudent to consider alternatives from any of our top rated companies. However, like CPI Security, ADT is professionally installed. ADT monitored security systems help protect more than 6 million homes and families in the US and Canada. They have a 140 year+ track record and 6 UL Listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring stations staffed with the most highly trained professionals in the business.
Why Consider an ADT Monitored Security System?
A professionally installed system by ADT Authorized Premier Provider – Protect Your Home includes the most reliable, state of the art equipment… professional installation by trained, experienced, background-checked technicians…. and monitoring by ADT – the most trusted name in the industry. Benefits include:
- FREE Security System -$850 Value*
- Professional Installation
- Superior Monitoring Redundancy- 6 Monitoring Centers
- Local Nationwide Service Network
- Superior Technology – Voice Control Available
- Broad Home Automation Compatibility
- Nationwide Relocation Program (certain restrictions apply)
- $500 Theft Protection Guarantee (certain restrictions apply)
- 6 Month Service Guarantee (certain restrictions apply)
*$99 charge for parts & installation with monthly monitoring services. Termination Fee Applies. For New Customers Only. (See T&Cs Below) So when it comes to professionally installed home security systems, you may want to take a few minutes to look into what has made ADT the #1 name in the home security!
Read our ADT Review
Call For FREE Quote- 855-373-0774
CPI Alarm vs Protect America Security
CPI Home Security vs. Protect America
Protect America affords you most of the same advantages over CPI…without any upfront costs. Their pricing model is the most similar to CPI, in that there are no upfront equipment costs…AND No Installation Cost!
No 60 month contracts…just an industry standard 3 year agreement….which continues on a month to month basis, after that. (with a 30 day notification-NOT 60)
The Simon XT control panel is the cornerstone of the Protect America security system. It is both reliable and easy to use and the GE/Interlogix sensors are amongst the most reliable brands of equipment in the alarm industry. All the security components are backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
The Protect America Platinum Packages includes up to $1400 in FREE Equipment!
With their $0 up front pricing policy, Protect America makes it affordable for almost anyone to get security and home automation.
No tricks or fine print….the Protect America site lays it all out clearly.
They even guarantee your rate for life.
But should you decide you own ALL the equipment…and it is fully compatible with almost any reputable security company.
Looking for the Lowest Up Front Costs– see what Protect America can do for you!
Read our Full Protect America Review
Call For FREE Quote- 888-951-5140
Creative Uses for CPI Alarm Sensors
Unique Uses for Sensors on CPI Security Systems
Most CPI Security Reviews don’t mention it, but, door and window sensors can have a myriad of uses.
Gun Safe – To better safeguard your firearms, place a sensor on your gun cabinet. While most people know enough to lock their gun safes, the CPI Security systems can provide a second layer of protection with the addition of a magnetic contact- set in “report-only” mode. That way, if someone finds the code or key, the CPI Home Security system will notify you on the CPI InTouch App when your cabinet is accessed.
Liquor and Medicine Cabinets – Keep an eye on the contents of your liquor and medicine cabinets. When you get a signal that the cabinet has been opened, you can view your CPI security cameras right on the CPI App.
Hazardous Materials- Install contacts on any cabinet within a child’s reach that might contain harmful or toxic materials. CPI security systems let you program the sensor in “report-only” mode.
Tool Shed- If the tool shed is located close enough to get a good signal, a sensor can be placed on the door of your tool shed as well. In some situations, it may require special outdoor sensors to deal with extreme temperatures and the elements.
Mailbox- Wondering if the mail has been delivered? Door/window sensors can be placed on the mailbox to let you know
Pool Gate – Get extra peace of mind. It is especially important for families with young children to be aware of the status of a pool gate. The best alarm companies have outdoor sensors that can be placed on the pool gate. Check with customer service to find out what sensors are best suited for your situation.
Keep in mind that outdoor applications may require more robust sensors. Mounting on some surfaces can be difficult and the sensors must be within the prescribed distance to the sensor from the main hub.
The best home security system for some people is the company which can provide the most variety of equipment sensors to accomplish specific tasks.
CPI Security Systems Sensor Uses – Infographic
CPI Security vs Link Home Security
CPI Home Security vs. Link Interactive Security
While they do require a minimal outlay of $99 up front, the offer an exceptional wireless security system from 2GIG Technologies. In addition to state of the art equipment at very competitive prices, Link Interactive offers premium monitoring features that include:
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Location
- 2-Way Voice
- Alarm.com Interactive Services
- AND full home automation control for just $39.99 a month!
Want video? No problem…just $5.00 more. They offer one of the most comprehensive equipment selections available….and have outstanding installation and tech support available to make installation a snap. For exceptional service, equipment and all inclusive monitoring rates…check out Link Interactive!
>> Read our Full Review on Link Interactive<<
Why choose CPI Home Security ?
Why should I choose to get a CPI Home Security System?
CPI is a southeast regional security company out of Charlotte, N. Carolina. They have been professionally installing systems for over 25 years and are a local alternative to ADT or Vivint if you require professional installation.
CPI Home Security offers a number of security packages and the Intouch Essentials package is relatively affordable. Additional packages are available with advanced features that even let you control an outdoor camera.
They are ranked 19th in the country by the Security Dealers Magazine and have an A+ BBB rating-Make sure you ask a lot of questions and get a full understanding of their program as it requires a lengthy 60-month monitoring contract.
CPI Security vs Armorax Home Security
Armorax Security vs CPI Alarm System
Armorax DIY Blackbox or CPI Professional Install?
In contrast to a CPI professionally installed system, the Armorax Blackbox is a DIY alarm system. While one might initially feel that they need a professional to install a security system…this is a wireless system that comes ready to go right out of the box. It has been pre-configured so that all you need to do is place the sensors in the designated locations and call in to activate. Gone are the days where systems require complicated programming. drilling holes and fishing wires. You know…the stuff that requires a professional installation. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of systems that CPI, and most other companies that offer “professional installation”, installs are wireless. Consequently, over 90% of DIY alarm customers find the system “easy to install”. Why pay extra to have technician come to the house? (and potentially try to up sell you a bunch more expensive add ons )
2018 Armorax vs CPI Security Reviews Update
Our preliminary excitement for Armorax has dropped away significantly for the reason that provider continues to exhibit signs that it is struggling. The BBB standing has recently fallen off considerably coming from an A(during the period of the original Cpi Security Review) to a C+. This might be indicative of the fact that organization has not resolved user complaints-even after getting filed with the BBB. As part of our secret shopping initiatives, we have discovered that even the sales representative does not pick up the telephone. Incoming calls go directly to voice mail which will tells one to dial 911 should this be an emergency…or to stay on the phone for the product sales representative. After several minutes or so on hold, one is subsequently transferred to an answering service who is going to take a name and phone number to get return call. This makes one wonder what will happen if I have a issues with my system?
Furthermore, Armorax seems to have changed equipment providers three times during the last year. They have flipped from the state-of-the-art 2 Gig systems, temporarily offered the Interlogix Simon XT, and are also now providing the less popular Resolution Helix panel. They have also totally changed their monitoring price structure three times in the past year. In online Armorax reviews, you’ll find that virtually no two web sites share the exact same pricing structure. Armorax originally marketed no contract plans and programs with Cost-free equipment and monitoring rates as low as $19.99/mo. (their one time rate of $24.99/mo. for security and full home automation was in fact a superb value, …but, is no longer presented) Their active deal will cost you $99.00 up front and additionally standard monitoring starts at $34.99. In addition, the Mobile APP is extra!
Furthermore, the total absence of online transparency does nothing to arouse confidence. Currently they have a a single page website that provides little information regarding the company background, equipment, price, monitoring company as well as services, Mobile App, Unit installation guidance or videos …or nearly anything otherwise that a potential customer will want to learn. Although the company exhibited excellent promise in the beginning, we feel that there are better alternatives to CPI Security-such as those listed above.
CPI vs Armorax – Reputation
Armorax has a similar BBB Rating , but far fewer negative Armorax reviews and is fully accredited with an impressive 88% positive reviews on the BBB ratings page. This translates to a 4.67 out of 5 stars! There are many negative online CPI Security reviews that address questionable business practices and aggressive sales tactics. CPI Security Systems are only available in the Southeastern states of Georgia, N. Carolina, Virginia and S.Carolina, where as Armorax is available virtually anywhere. And with Armorax, there are no relocation or activation fees. Just give them a call, remove the system components and set them up in your new home.
Armorax pricing is simple and straight-forward. The basic system is FREE with a 36 month monitoring agreement! And this is not a basic system. It is a premium GC2 by 2Gig Technologies GC2. But, the monitoring price is what really sets Armorax apart. Right now they are offering Cellular Monitoring for just $24.95! And that is not bare boned monitoring it includes:
- Interactive Service- Arm/Disarm/Notifications and Alerts
- Comprehensive Home Automation
- Video Surveillance Monitoring/Management
- Crash and Smash
- Geo Services….and more.
All for $24.95/mo. And that is NOT an introductory price. That includes a Rate Lock Guarantee!
CPI Home Security – Pricing
Want pricing with CPI Security? Well, that is easier said than done…. The CPI website touts a superior experience and illustrates lots of generic features, but it lacks any sort of transparency when it comes to the pricing or monitoring rates. Want details an pricing? Well, you’ll have to take time out of your day to schedule an appointment with a salesperson and listen to a lengthy sales pitch. What you won’t hear in the pitch is much about the fact that you will be signing a 60 month contract! And I doubt much time will be spent talking about the auto-renewal clause that kicks in for another year if you don’t give them a 60 Day written notice.
Equipment and Monitoring
Armorax Blackbox security systems are comprised of top rated 2Gig Technologies equipment. This system is FREE with a 3 year agreement with a comprehensive interactive cellular monitoring that is just $24.95! This top of the line GC2 system and low rates are just a couple of the many reasons that Armorax received our Silver Award as one of the TOP Home Security Companies of 2017. Armorax systems come standard with Cellular monitoring -which means that there no phone lines that can be cut. With Armorax– the basic system is free and includes cellular communication chip! There are no additional costs for the cellular monitoring. And with Armorax…you OWN the equipment! A little know clause in the CPI contract stipulates that when the contract is terminated, CPI retains the right to disable the control panel. That’s right, even though you may have paid for additional equipment, and have paid thousands of dollars in monitoring fees over 5 years…they can render your system useless. And. while CPI advertises “$2000 of Free Equipment”….they fail to mention that a CPI Alarm System requires:
- $99.00 Installation Fee
- 5 Year Contract
- Monitoring Rates as high as $64.99/mo.
In addition to that, CPI charges extra for their service contract and relocation – which is limited to a 4 state service area.
The CPI Alarm uses their own proprietary InTouch Interactive App. While it reportedly works well, it does not have the platform stability and R&D that Alarm.com offers. Armorax uses award winning Interactive Platform is provided by Alarm.com. It includes:
- Smash and Crash Protection– alerts the central station of an intrusion- even if the system is destroyed
- Geo Fencing– uses GPS location on your cell phone to automatically control security and home automation functions
- Power Outage Notification – if there is loss of power, the system sends you an alert
The Alarm.com Interactive Platform interfaces with the 2Gig GC2 control panel. It can even display local weather with 5 day forecasts and provide severe weather warnings in an emergency. The GC2 is equipped with an integrated Z-Wave communication module which enables comprehensive home automation and management capability of virtually any Z-Wave compatible device! There is a nominal fee of just $49.95 to upgrade to the GC3, which gives you additional features and capabilities and a full 7″ touchscreen display.
Armorax vs CPI Home Security – a different approach…
Armorax customers will save hundreds, or even thousands of dollars over a professionally installed competitor- without the prospect of having to deal with a “high pressure” salesman in the home – or the hassles of scheduling and allowing strangers in the home to install the system.
- NO High Pressure Salesman
- NO Hassles of Scheduling Install
- NO Strangers in YOUR Home
- Save Hundreds!
Armorax delivers state of the art, DIY security and home automation products with the lowest available cellular monitoring that includes Alarm.com services. It is truly an unbeatable value.
Read our Armorax Security Review
Call For FREE Quote- 866-355-0640
CPI Alarm System Design
CPI Security Reviews – Designing CPI Security Systems
- Perimeter Protection – A home security system should be designed so that it lets potential burglars on notice that your home is protected by a well-known home security company. Set up your yard signs, window stickers and CPI security cameras where they can easily be seen. Most of the time, they will just move on to try and find a target that is less risky. However, you don’t put the safety of your home and family at risk. The next step is to install sensors on your doors and any vulnerable windows.
- Interior Protection – If the intruder is able to get past the perimeter protection, you need to have a second line of defense. Motion sensors, glass break detectors, additional keypads and interior CPI Alarm Cameras will serve to protect the interior of your house. Motion sensors should be mounted to cover larger areas and hallways or stairways. Many people like to have an extra keypad in a home office or master bedroom.
- Asset Protection- CPI Security systems allow you to designate individual sensors as “non-reporting. These sensors will not set off the system or call the monitoring station. Instead they will notify you directly on your CPI InTouch App. Gun cabinets, medicine or liquor cabinets, pool gates, or office doors are all good uses for “non-reporting” sensors.
- Environmental Protection – Your CPI Alarm system can also be set up to monitor environmental hazards such as fire, carbon monoxide, flooding or freezing. There are specific sensors for each of these applications.
- Home Automation- CPI Security Systems can control lighting, cameras, heat and air conditioning, doors and garage door openers. Your CPI Home Security System can control virtually any home automation feature right from your smartphone on the CPI InTouch
Let us know your tips in our section for CPI Security Reviews.
Which CPI Security Alarm Panel Should I Choose ?
Things to consider when choosing a CPI Security alarm panel.
Top 5 things to look for in a CPI Home Security System Alarm Panel
Many companies offer multiple options regarding the central control panel that will serve as the hub of your entire home security system. When considering a CPI Alarm System, make sure you look into the following features.
- Encryption – The best control panels have adequate encryption to protect against modern-day hackers. Encrypted Sensors make it very difficult to hack. Some panels, like the 2GIG GC2e, are also backward compatible with prior generations.
- Aesthetic and UI – Today’s panels are typically sleeker and more modern, with capacitive touch screen controls.
- 2-Way Voice – Industry-leading panels offer 2-way voice capability that allows direct communication with the CMS when an alarm is triggered.
- Z-Wave Plus – This is a new-and-improved protocol, allowing home-automation products to have more battery power, higher functionality, longer range, and many more benefits over the original Z-Wave protocol
- Alarm App – Make sure that the security and home automation platform seamlessly integrates the entire system and enables remote management, observation, and control, from your smartphone, computer, or tablet with an internet connection. You can check Apple App Store or Google Play for ratings.
Certain CPI Security offers, such as the inTouch Essentials, may not include encrypted sensors.
If you are currently a customer, let our readers know which panel you chose in our section for CPI Security Reviews.
Will my pets set off CPI Alarm motion sensors?
CPI InTouch controlled motion sensors…
….can be an important part of your home security system. They are able to protect an entire room or can be placed strategically in hallways.
Yur CPI Security InTouch app will allow you to arm or disarm these motions from any device with internet connectivity.
If they are appropriately positioned, motion detectors will screen out small pets under 40 pounds. If you have a larger
pet…request higher grade motion detectors capable of screening out pets up to 80 lbs.
If you have a larger pet cannot be restricted from regions covered by motions, disable them with your CPI InTouch security app or you might also create what is known as a “pet alley”. Ask your CPI Alarm technician for details.
And you may wish to think about installing a glass break detector as an alternative to a motion detector. This can also be managed with your CPI InTouch app.
If you are familiar with CPI security systems, feel free to share your thoughts in our section for CPI Security reviews.
Considerations for Customizing Your CPI Alarm System
Things to Factor in When Choosing to Customize a CPI Security System.
Before deciding on how to best customize your CPI alarm system, make sure that they can provide the equipment you require for a fully customized and cost-effective system. For a truly custom install and to get the most bang for your buck, make sure the system you choose has the versatility and can accommodate the multi-function components described below.
1 The best home security companies oﬀer a full line of “take-over” devices that allow you to upgrade your current security equipment to the most advanced system available. If you are upgrading a system with a fair amount of existing equipment, this is an important consideration.
2 Top alarm companies offer multiple specialized sensor options for your doors and windows include recessed, plunger, and bypass – providing custom solutions for nearly any installation scenario.
3 It is optimal to be able to open and close your garage door with the same keyfob you use for your alarm system. You can also control it with a smartphone thanks to Z-wave products that interface with most garage door brands.
4 Protect your home from frozen and broken water pipes and furnace and air conditioning failure with this multi-purpose sensor. Check to see if multi-function sensors are available with your system.
5 Triple-duty detectors can activate your alarm system when it senses smoke and high and low temperatures.
CPI Security Systems vs Frontpoint Security Systems
CPI Security vs. Frontpoint
Navigate to the Frontpoint site, and you will find full disclosure of pricing, equipment, monitoring rates, ownership and warranty policies. Alternatively, the CPI site, though attractive and slick, is vague and lacks transparency. One looking to compare home security companies online will be hard pressed to find details on monitoring pricing, equipment brands and component pricing, contract terms etc.
While CPI offers a significant amount of free equipment, a wireless alarm system requires a 60 month contract. Frontpoint offers flexible terms of either 1 or 3 years. Regardless of which term you select, with Frontpoint-you own the equipment and, with a 30 day notice, are free to monitor it with whomever you choose, once you have satisfied the terms of the agreement. With CPI, even once you gave satisfied the 60 month contract, you must provide 60 day written notice and they retain the rights to disable your system-thus rendering the most expensive piece of hardware, the central control panel, useless. Additionally, the contract contains an auto-renewal clause, with a 1 year renewal term, if they do not receive a cancellation notice 60 day prior to the end of the contract.
Equipment and Monitoring
Frontpoint uses quality GE Interlogix and Qolsys equipment. Each component has a full description with specs and pricing. Monitoring costs are clearly spelled out and run from $34.95-$49.95. Once again, CPI does not list equipment details or pricing. Monitoring rates are no where to be found- although they come in much higher- $39.99-$64.99. CPI requires a $99.00 equipment fee for Homeowners…and a $299.00 installation fee for Renters.
Frontpoint backs their equipment with a 3 Year Equipment Warranty. Even with the optional Service Plus CPI warranty (available for an additional monthly cost– over and above the standard monitoring rates) relocation and changes due to remodeling are NOT included, repairs outside of normal business hours are subject to additional charges and all video and energy management items (some of the most expensive components) carry only a 90 Parts and Labor Warranty. Service Plus does NOT cover video camera’s, routers, video servers, thermostats, lamp or appliance modules, or any equipment offered in either the video or energy management lines. These are covered by a 90 day limited parts and labor warranty. Service calls are charged at standard Time & Materials rate afterwards.
CPI does offer 2-way audio and video verification, but their inTouch interactive app does not offer a couple of critical features that are incorporated into the Alarm.com platform utilized by Frontpoint:
- Smash and Crash Protection- Notifies the Central Station of a break in even if the system is destroyed
- Geo Fencing- Manages Home Automation features based on your GPS Location
- Power Outage Notifcation- Let’s you know if there is a power outage at your hom
And with their optional Qolsys control panel you’ll have local weather displayed right on the panel, when not in use, and recieve severe weather alerts. The built in camera even captures and records a still image when the system is armed and disarmed. So while CPI might initially seem like a “great deal” with $1700 in “free” equipment, the long term costs of ownership will be significantly higher than most of the alternatives. When you look into the fine print you’ll find….. Frontpoint was our GOLD Award recipient in out Top 5 Best Home security Companies of 2016. The folks at Frontpoint have a stellar reputation for delivering top notch security and home automation products and the very best customer service in the industry!
Read our Full Frontpoint Security Review
Call For FREE Quote- 844-688-2894
Can renters Get CPI Home Security with CPI inTouch ?
Can renters get a CPI Alarm System?
While they generally really don’t disclose how they take care of rental situations, virtually all security alarm providers that provide professional set up demand home ownership. In cases where you happen to be leasing a home, condo as well as an apartment, you must call them so that you can find out if you are eligible. As long as they agree to put in a system, you’ll likely be compelled to provide documentation with regards to property manager consent.
You’ll almost certainly also need to shell out to have the system re-installed at a new location in the event you move within contract period.
For anyone who is renting, and evaluating apartment alarm systems you should check out our Ultimate Guide to Apartment Security Systems – Best Alarm Systems for Apartment and Renters, for apartment safety suggestions as well as our suggestions for tenants.
CPI Home Security Arming Modes
CPI Security Reviews – Arming Modes
OFF — Your CPI Home Security system will still chime if a door or window is opened – even if the system is turned off. In addition, your CPI Security InTouch App will still be functional. Critical environmental and life security systems (i.e. water or very low temperatures ) are active 24/7.
Stay– You are able to arm just the doorways and windows by arming your CPI Security system in the “stay” mode. This will allow you to move about the home freely.
Away– The away mode will activate any interior motion detectors in addition to the doors and windows.
Instant — You can eliminate the entry delay in your CPI Security system by activating the instant mode.
Duress – A special duress code can be set up to notify the CPI tracking center that there is a possible hostage situation. If a person were to physically force you to disarm the system, this special code will trigger immediate emergency response. There is no additional CPI Security cost for this feature. It is included in the CPI Security pricing.
Panic – Most CPI Home Security systems are equipped with emergency panic buttons. When depressed, these will alert the CPI Central Station of an occupied panic emergency. They are designated for Police, Fire and Medical emergencies. The CPI Alarrm monitoring station will immediately dispatch the appropriate authorities and then call to verify the emergency.
CPI Security – Arming Modes Infographic
If you’re already a CPI alarm system customer, please don’t hesitate to share your experiences in our section for CPI Security Reviews. Customer CPI reviews provide valuable insights for potential CPI Home Security buyers.
CPI Security InTouch App
CPI Security Reviews Detail 7 Benefits of the CPI InTouch App
CPI Security systems have come along way over the past few years. The CPI home alarm provides a central hub that gives you the ability to control virtually any connected device that is compatible with the system.
The CPI Security InTouch App – Benefits
- Arm/Disarm System – The CPI InTouch App lets you arm and disarm your alarm from any mobile device.
- Lock/Unlock Doors – You don’t have to place a spare key under the mat to let in the maintenance crew. The CPI Security InTouch App enables you to unlock compatible door locks.
- CPI Security Cameras – CPI Home Security Cameras allow you to record video or watch in real time- right through the app. A CPI Security Camera lets you oversee your pets and observe the children as they arrive home from school.
- Real-Time Alerts – The CPI InTouch app allows you to set real-time alerts that will notify you via text or e-mail when the kids get home, there is an intrusion, fire or any event you wish to program into the system.
- Thermostat Control – The CPI Security InTouch app can even serve as a home energy management hub. It allows you to control the thermostat and…
- Turn Lights On/OFF – Your CPI InTouch App can ensure that you never have to walk into a dark house.
- Control Appliances – With a CPI Home Security system, you can even start the coffee maker or an air conditioner from the office.
CPI Security Reviews for the CPI InTouch App Benefits Video
CPI InTouch Benefits
Don’t forget to let our readers know how you made out with the CPI InTouch App in our section for CPI Security Reviews.
What is CPI IVAN?
CPI Security Introduces IVAN
CPI Home Security systems equipped with CPI inTouch cameras can now take advantage of sophisticated video notification notifications through the CPI inTouch App. This technology has been coined IVAN, which stands for Intelligent Video Activity Notifications.
The CPI inTouch App enables the users to set up areas or zones which will trigger alert notifications if preset parameters are set. The user can designate the area, size of the object, and duration of time that object is in the zone that will trigger a notification.
This can have a myriad of applications…from alerts if a car pulls into the driveway, to a video notification if a child enters or leaves specific areas of the property.
This technology helps user control of how often and for what notifications are received.
Do I need a landline for CPI alarm monitoring?
CPI Security Reviews – Landline Requirements
A CPI alarm does not need a landline to send a signal to the monitoring station.
Frankly, cellular monitoring is the best option for CPI home security systems. This means there are no phone or cable wires that can be cut to interfere with sending an alarm signal to the monitoring station.
While some CPI security reviews might complain about the additional expense of a cellular connection, many homes are defraying CPI security pricing by eliminating the landline completely.
ADT vs CPI
Neither ADT nor CPI requires a landline to monitor their systems. While CPI Security pricing is competitive with ADT, a 5-year contract means that the overall CPI security cost is higher.
Do I need a permit to install a CPI Home Security System with CPI inTouch?
Is it compulsory to obtain an alarm permit to connect a CPI Security System?
In fact, you do not need a permit if your system is not professionally monitored. Nonetheless, as your CPI security system will be remotely monitored with the motive of employing emergency response services, several local cities would require a permit.
Usually, this will require very simple registration in conjunction with your hometown law enforcement or sheriff’s department coupled with a nominal charge. One will likely also be asked to present the name, address and phone number of CPI Home Security, as well as monitoring station, in the event the two companies end up being different.
Anywhere permits are required, the vast majority of towns will require some sort of one time fee to register your security system, and some cities have to have a yearly renewal too. Regarding towns with higher robbery as well as false alarm rates, failure to register could lead to a refusal to respond to places which do not have a burglar alarm permit…although this is certainly somewhat uncommon. having said that, you might be subject to other sorts of penalties in a case where authorities, fire or perhaps emergency medical support are sent to a location without a permit when it comes to cities in which one is needed.
Even though a licence is obtained, most towns will definitely assess fees for frequent false alarms. Just about all towns maintain guidelines set up in which the 1st One or two dispatches will not involve fines. Subsequently, after which penalties ordinarily rise from $25-50 for that first enforceable offense…to $100-200 for succeeding repeat offenses.
Consequently, it is very important that CPI alarm owners get a hold of his or her own area police department, determine what permits will be required, get a comprehensive understanding of the local guidelines and make certain that they take the critical ideas to forestall false alarms.
How to avoid False Alarms...
Ways to Prevent getting hit with false alarms from your CPI Security System
As stated previously, false alarms arising from the use of your CPI Home Security system may very well be not simply an irritation, but may actually create a genuine strain on your community police force as well as emergency services departments and may end up very resulting inexpensive fees and penalties.
The majority of dispatches coming from homes equipped with an alarm system are due to false alarms. Consequently, the majority of towns apply charges to alarm system owners once they meet or exceed a couple of false alarms per year.
To prevent this from happening to you, here are some strategies to avoid a false alarm with your CPI Alarm system.
Following are a handful of guidelines to help you avoid false alarms.
CPI Security Reviews- Avoiding False Alarms Infographic
• Be sure that everybody knows the right way to disarm the alarm system. Your burglar alarm will have a master passcode, coupled with a number of additional operator codes that one can program into the system. Ensure that everyone knows their code as well as is able to disarm the security system.
• Make sure that everybody also knows about the password. In the event of an alarm, the central monitoring station will definitely almost always contact your property for starters and ask for the password to verify that the man or woman replying to is an authorized party. In case there is an alarm, if the man or woman replying to the call can’t supply the proper password, the police will probably be dispatched.
• Make sure that windows and doors are properly secured before setting the system. Any door that has been left a little bit ajar could very well be blown open while you are away and set off the alarm.
• Ensure that all detectors are mounted safely and securely and in the most suitable places. Motion detectors should be placed at a height of 6’ and also away from fans, heating units, fireplace, and ac units.
• Be conscious of things that could possibly trigger a motion detector. It’s not only pets. Air conditioning units can cause fluttering drapes or plants…even helium balloons which might be moved within the residence by air currents. Ensure that they are tied down away from motions.
• If possible, pets must really be confined to locations away from motion detectors. In case that’s not feasible, you can find “pet friendly” or “pet immune” sensors which are able to screen out smaller sized pets below 40, 50 even 80 lbs. Motion sensors could also be set up to provide pet alleys in which pets may move freely about. Another choice is to make use of glass break sensors as an alternative to motions.
• Make sure to switch out batteries when required. Most systems utilize Li-Ion batteries which actually have at very least a 2 year estimated lifespan. Your CPI InTouch App will typically inform you whenever the batteries are becoming low and continue to emit a low battery alert when there is less than roughly 1 month of useful life.
It is wise to acquire spare batteries to keep on hand and remove and replace them straight away. Your system may also inform you should there be any other troubles with sensors. If you receive a system error warning, conduct a status check, and check out the sensor. Contact CPI Customer Service in the event it appears to be malfunctioning.
Store your user CPI Alarm manuals/codes/passwords in a very reliable designated place where they can be consulted if necessary. And remember, the right way to avoid false alarms is to utilize your system frequently and make certain everyone is aware of the proper way to operate the system.
Don’t forget. You can use your CPI inTouch App to arm and disarm your system. Also- the CPI inTouch App lets you check your CPI Security Cameras to verify an alarm notification.
Tips to Avoid False Alarms with Your CPI Security Alarm System- Video Summary
What are some of the other benefits of owning CPI Security?
Eight Added benefits of CPI Security (or one of our Top-Rated Home Alarm Systems)
Some individuals consider a home security system no more than just a burglar alarm system. Technological developments unveiled recently have resulted in the growth of home security towards a more all-encompassing security, energy, and property management system. CPI Security reviews indicate that home automation is becoming increasingly more important to consumers. The modern-day CPI Security system is a cutting-edge technological tour de force that is easier to use and offers a huge increase in functions over its forerunner.
Following is a selection of features and benefits that CPI Security buyers will enjoy after they choose to invest in a security system.
A CPI Alarm protects your home
Not only does CPI Security protect against break-ins…but, it helps to keep disaster from striking your home and property.
- Safeguard Against Fire- According to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), a fire happens just about every 24 seconds in the united states. In 2014 there have been roughly 1.3 million fires reported, causing over 13,000 injuries, nearly three thousand of which ended up being fatal, and contributing to nearly 10 billion dollars of property damage. CPI Security cost is minimal when compared to the losses suffered in a fire. A monitored home security system ensures that heat, fire, and smoke will be discovered at the soonest possible time and that authorities can be automatically notified – regardless if you are home or not. You might not be there to shield your house, pets and loved ones…but your CPI alarm system will make sure that help is en route.
- Provide protection Against Frozen Pipes- Are you living in a region where the temperatures begin to plunge below freezing in the winter months? A CPI Home Security low-temperature alarm can safeguard against the prospect of water lines freezing should the home heating system were to stop working. The system is going to notify you in the event the temperature dips under 40 degrees.
- Protection Against Flooding- A water sensor may be put in the cellar or washing room in order to warn you of possible flooding problems produced by anything from plumbing troubles to leaky roofs.
CPI Security Features Video
CPI InTouch keeps you informed
- Keep tabs on firearm cabinets along with other sensitive areas – Keep an eye on valuable items and particularly susceptible areas without activating a security alarm by making use of door sensors and setting them up as non-reporting zones. They won’t trigger the home security system, but they will generate an e-mail alert and notify you through the CPI InTouch security app. CPI InTouch can alert you that a person has accessed a gun cabinet, liquor cupboard, home office drawer …or virtually any sensitive area on which you will want to maintain tabs.
- Swimming pool gate notification- Special outside wireless sensors can certainly be positioned in much the same fashion and placed on swimming pool area gates in order to warn you that someone has approached the pool area. You’ll get an alert on your CPI In Touch App and monitor activity on your CPI Security Cameras.
- Door/Window Notification -From toddlers to teens, your CPI home security system makes it possible to monitor the location of the children. Each secured window or door can set off a chime feature that will warn you that your door or window appears to have been opened – no matter whether the system has been armed or not. This allows you to prevent small children from wandering about out into the street….and teens from embarking on evening escapades. (I certainly am relieved they didn’t have this kind of technology around while I was in high school!)
- Keep track of Medications- Detectors could also be set up to alert you whenever they may not be triggered. For example, a sensor can be mounted to the medicine cabinet and set to inform you throughCPI InTouch in case the cupboard wasn’t opened by a particular time. This will help you keep on top of any time medications are actually being consumed …and let you know if they’re not…
Financial Points to consider associated with buying a CPI Security system
- Scale back losses in a Break-In- According to the FBI, in 2012 the average loss in a domestic break-in ended up being over $2,200. Although getting a CPI Security system will not guarantee that your home won’t end up being broken into…it seems reasonable to assume that damages will be greatly reduced anytime an alarm is blaring away and the trespasser realize that the police have been alerted. Insurance companies fully grasp this and that is why…
- Reduce insurance plan costs- Insurance companies provide considerably discounted rates on Homeowner Insurance whenever the property is protected by a supervised home alarm system. While price reductions range widely from company to company, along with the extent of the insurance coverage – common discounted rates are priced between 5-20%. Ensure that the insurer knows whether or not the system will be supervised as well as whether or not things like fire, flood, and freeze protection is included in your system. CPI Home Security should provide a certificate of installation showing the sorts of services for which your system is monitored.
Also, CPI Security offers do include their No False Alarm Guarantee.
“No False Alarm Guarantee
Applies to fines accrued due to system malfunction or an error on CPI’s part. It does not cover user error, negligence, or Acts of God. The customer will be required to provide a copy of the alarm fine. CPI will credit the customer’s CPI account for the amount of the alarm fine, the customer is responsible for making restitution for the fine directly. No False Alarm Guarantee only applies to customers with the Real-Time Response System. Non-registered or permit fines are not covered.”
A CPI Home Security system offers you Peace of Mind
You can’t place a value on it…but, CPI Security Reviews indicate the biggest benefit so many people are searching for when contemplating home security and automation system is…Peace of Mind. Many people rest better knowing the family is safeguarded …and that they’ve got total control over the property no matter whether they are home or out and about.
To discover exactly how reasonably priced peace of mind could very well be..Give CPI a call and then check into our Top Alarm Companies of 2021.
Questions to consider before purchasing CPI Security
Tips from CPI Security Reviews
Things to ask yourself prior to choosing CPI Home Security
There are a number of questions that you can determine prior to purchasing a CPI alarm, or any other system.
Considering that you are getting a 3 or 5-year contract, it is important to think about a wide range of variables prior to signing anything.
Irrespective of whether anyone from CPI Home Security has come knocking on the front door, called you on the telephone or you happen to be replying to a shiny full-page color promotion that came in your mail….it is recommended to make certain you possess a complete grasp with all the different alternatives to you to make the best choice you possibly can.
DIY vs Expert Installation?
Among the first criteria is whether or not you would like to put in the system yourself or possibly provide for expert installation. Traditionally, security systems needed to be hard-wired into the property. This certainly will require drilling along with cutting holes into the walls, fishing wires, and complex mounting and considerable programming.
Thankfully…times have evolved. In fact, CPI Home Security is using mainly wireless devices. Ironically, one can still find negative CPI Security reviews indicating issues with the installations.
The technology and apps such as CPI inTouch have been considerably advanced through the years to help make the equipment amazingly user-friendly…as well as simple to install. and the more experienced Do it yourself security service providers have definitely significantly streamlined the setup program for you to keep it uncomplicated even for the most technically challenged folks.
The better companies pre-program your complete system before sending it out, to make sure that all the client has got to do is attach the devices and then get in touch with customer care to get the system activated and online.
Over 90% of homeowners revealed our best Do it yourself alarms systems simple to install!
Advantages of DIY Install over CPI Security Install
- Lower Costs– Setting up a DIY security system yourself can be much more budget-friendly than paying for a professionally installed CPI Alarm System.
- No Contracts – CPI Security systems will require a 3-year contract. Some Do It Yourself security companies, such as Frontpoint are now month to month.
- No Waiting– With a professionally installed security system, you have to worry about scheduling an appointment and will more than likely have to take time off from work. With a DIY security system, you can set it up at your convenience.
- More Comfortable – Installing the system yourself gives you the opportunity to become more familiar with all the features and operation of your alarm system.
- Portability– If you move, there are no additional relocation costs. Just your alarm provider and pack up the system and go. With CPI Home Security, you may not be able to get service in some areas. There may also be relocation charges.
- No strangers – While CPI Security follows strict guidelines in hiring technicians…sometimes 3rd party contractors are hired to install their systems. Be sure that your technician has been properly vetted-background checked and drug tested. With a DIY wireless system, there is no need to let strangers in your home or give them sensitive information.
Potential benefits to Cpi Security Professional Install and CPI InTouch Set Up
Primary advantages of Professional Install and CPI InTouch
• Decreased Time and effort
• Added Expertise
Though a professionally installed system may very well call for a reduced amount effort, the great majority of clients who have installed their own have discovered that the systems offered via the best Do-it-yourself security providers were definitely easy to put up, straightforward and ended up saving individuals some cash compared to a professionally installed system.
If you should choose professional installation, you might consider ADT Home Security. Either way, always find out how experienced the installation technician is and whether they have been background checked and are subject to drug screening. Make sure you ask if your company has got their own personnel or just makes use Third party sub-contractors. Utilizing subcontractors is not always bad (they can even have more expertise compared to company technicians) but make certain they ought to have been subject to thorough vetting prior to permitting them inside your home.
Local vs. Nationwide
When comparing a local or regional security provider, we suggest finding a nationwide security alarm company featuring a reliable background. Living in a mobile culture, one never knows when it might become necessary to move…and one certainly doesn’t want to be bound to a long term contract to a company that can’t service the new location.
CPI Security reviews have expressed difficulties in canceling contracts when moving outside the primary service area. Even when one moves locally, there may be a cost for moving the system.
This is why many home security buyers are opting for DIY alarm companies with nationwide service that uses more universally available Alarm.com apps instead of the proprietary CPI inTouch app. Removing and re-installing the system is a snap….and there are no relocation expenses with most of our top DIY alarm companies of 2017. Check them out in our side by side comparison.
Do customers find CPI Security relatively easy to control?
CPI Home Security systems have advanced tremendously over the past few years.
And consequently, one of the many benefits associated with breakthroughs in technologies is that security companies place a massive amount of emphasis on simplifying the user interface.
Long gone will be the tricky compilation of codes on old school push-button control panels…
Modern security systems work with slick touchscreen technology user interfaces which you’ll find intuitive and even lead the user all the way through tasks which include arming, disarming, bypassing zones, etc..
CPI in Touch
Additionally, they offer CPI inTouch – an integrated interactive mobile application complete with home automation capacities which permit you to regulate your property from anywhere in the world with computer access.
Quite a few companies are even incorporating voice command functionality via their own products, Google Home or Alexa. This allows you to complete common functions just by issuing a suitable speech command. CPI Home Security is sure to follow suit in the future.
Though you might find CPI Security reviews that relate horror stories about installs, services, or billing matters, you’ll not usually see CPI reviews which complain that CPI Security is not easy to operate.
CPI Security Emergency Response Time
CPI Alarm Response Time
How Long Does It Require CPI Home Security to Respond to an Intrusion?
Despite the fact that almost every company says it will provide the quickest reaction times in the business, it is important to know how to decipher all of these assertions.
Your CPI Home Security system is likely to usually make use of a 30-60 second entrance delay with regards to your principal entrances to be able to enable you opportunity to disarm alarm. CPI Security systems can also be placed on “Instant” setting if everybody is home. Typically the siren goes off immediately after any delay in case the system is not disarmed.
The CPI Alarm monitoring center reaction times are normally estimated from the time that a signal is acquired to the instance the monitoring center contacts the house to confirm the signal. This period definitely ought to turn out to be under a sixty seconds. In the event that nobody picks up from the residence, typically situations, they’re going to endeavor to get in touch with anybody on the emergency call list …and then they dispatch the authorities.
Although you may find CPI Security reviews that complain of excessive reaction times, the vast majority of most effective home security services do a very good job – provided things are working properly.
Most alarm companies suggest that the alarm system is subjected to testing on a each week or perhaps on a monthly basis basis so that alarm and communications are really working properly.
Nationally, the standard reaction time frame by the police is roughly Seven minutes, nevertheless, this may vary significantly in accordance with the location of your residence, the nature of the emergency, whether there is audio or on-line video authentication (with CPI Cameras through the CPI inTouch App as well as the existing demand and also availability of nearby emergency assistance during the time of the contact.
In the event you are an existing CPI Alarm customer and possess observations on the CPI inTouch App or their real world CPI Home Security reaction times, please don’t hesitate to share your experience with our readers in the CPI Security reviews.
Emergency Back Up Power
In case of an electric power outage, does the CPI Alarm System still function?
Should the electrical power shuts off, the CPI alarm system is going to still provide you with proper protection simply by converting to battery power back up .
The back up battery is usually rated for twenty-four hours, but that can vary greatly in accordance with the size of the alarm system , settings as well as equipment.
If the system changes to back up electric power, the unit will beep in order to alert you as well as a demand that someone key in your main code. Should you have created notifications through the CPI inTouch app, you can even get an alert with your mobile phone.
Home Security Tips
1. Keep shrubs as well as bushes around doors and windows trimmed,. This will make it difficult for a thief to keep hidden..
2. Be sure that the outside is properly illuminated. Motion floodlights around the perimeter really are a relatively inexpensive deterrent.
3. Create the impression that you’re home by employing electronic timers with lighting, stereos and TV’s. Making the home look occupied, regardless of whether nobody is home, will dissuade criminals.
4. If you’re going away, have a next door neighbor pick up the newspapers. Suspend mail delivery as well as schedule to have the lawn cut or perhaps driveway shoveled.
5. Have shades drawn in areas with especially high-priced equipment.
6. Give a spare set of keys to a trustworthy friend. Never leave them beneath a door mat, above the front door or under a flower pot.
Video of Home Safety Tips for CPI Security Customers
Keeping Your Smart Home Network Safe From Hackers
Keeping CPI Security Systems and the CPI inTouch App Safe from Hackers
The IoT (Internet of Things) can help you manage multiple smart devices on your CPI InTouch App. However, wireless smart technology can be a double-edged sword. Smart devices can create weak links that can be exploited by hackers.
To prevent this from happening, in our CPI Security Reviews we suggest that you follow the best practices below to ensure that your home network is properly secured.
6 Ways to Keep Smart Homes with the CPI InTouch App Safe from Hackers
Research Smart Equipment
When adding 3rd party smart home devices to your CPI Alarm System, make sure that you follow standard security protocols and best practices. Purchase well known smart devices. Smart Home Devices should require password protection, one or two-step authentication and offer frequent over the air firmware and security updates.
Register the Equipment
Registering the equipment is important. It will validate the warranty as well as ensure that you are eligible for all firmware updates. Updates will usually add additional features and will also address any known security issues. CPI Home Security systems have over the air update capabilities.
Pay Attention to Passwords
You want to be sure to change the default passwords. It is recommended that you include a mixture of letters, cases, numbers, and symbols.
Also, be sure to unique passwords for each smart device. This makes it more difficult for a hacker to access to all your sensitive accounts if your password for one is compromised.
More Tips From Our CPI Security Reviews to Protect Your CPI Security InTouch Smart Devices
Create a Secure Wi-Fi Network
To prevent digital intruders from disabling your CPI Home Security system, it is a good practice to take additional measures to protect your entire home network. When setting up the CPI InTouch App, you might also want to update the name of the network and default password.
Also, if you are adding multiple devices like CPI Security Cameras or a CPI Doorbell Camera you might want to set up your CPI InTouch App on a separate Wi-Fi network. This makes it harder for hackers to access the network where you do your banking and store your sensitive information.
Consider Professional Installation
If this is all making your head spin, it may be just another reason to have everything professionally installed. The CPI Security technicians should be able to integrate the smart home equipment and help you set up the CPI InTouch App while including some more advanced network security measures.
Reset to Factory Default Settings
Before you dispose of, sell, or give away any of your smart devices, make sure that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions to do a factory reset. This will wipe out all of your personal settings.
Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to share our CPI Security Reviews , below or follow us, above. If you or someone you know has experience with CPI Security with the CPI InTouch App, we hope you will share that experience in our Customer Reviews.
Best Home Security Systems
Side by Side Comparisons of the Top Security Companies
* FREE Security System
ADT Terms and Conditions
Licenses: AL-17-1104, AK-35221, AZ-ROC217517, AR-2008-0014, CA-ACO6320, CT-ELC.0193944-L5, DE-07-212, FL-EC13003427, DC-602513000006, GA-LVA205395, HI-CT30946, ID-ELE-SC-39312, IL-127.001042, IN-City of Indianapolis: LAC-000156, IA-AC-0036, KY-City of Louisville: 483, LA-F1082, LA-F1914, LA-F1915, ME-LM50017382, MD-107-1626, MA-1355C, MI-3601205773, MN-TS01807, MS-15007958, MO-City of St. Louis: CC354, St. Louis County: 79853, MT-247, NE-14451, NV-68518, City of Las Vegas: 3000002944, NJ-34BF00021800, NM-353366, NY-Licensed by the N.Y.S. Dept. of State UID#12000317691, #12000286451, NC-1622-CSA, OH-53891446, City of Cincinnati: AC86, OK-1048, OR-170997, Pennsylvania Home Improvement Contractor Registration Number: PA22999, RI-3582, SC-BAC5630, SD-1025-7001-ET, TN-C1520, TX-B13734, ACR-3492, UT-6422596-6501, VT-ES-2382, VA-115120, WA-602588694/PROTEYH934RS, WV-042433, WI-City of Milwaukee: PAS-0002790, WY-LV-G-21499.
Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by The Home Security Advisor