The Best Apartment Security SystemsThe Definitive Apartment Alarm System Guide for 2024
If you are renting a home or apartment, you may be finding that many alarm companies won’t install a system if you don’t own the property. Following is our list of the best apartment security systems for renters.
Each of our Top 3 Best Alarm Systems for renters meets the highest industry standards for professionally monitored security systems and provides service to homeowners, renters and apartment dwellers alike.
Regardless of whether or not your priorities are to minimize upfront costs and monitoring, get the best customer service or install the most state of the art equipment, our top apartment security companies will meet the needs most demanding customers.
Frontpoint – Best Customer Service
- A+ BBB Rating
- 30 Day Risk Free Trial
- 100% Wireless System
- Landline Unavailable
Link Interactive – Best Tech Support
- A+ BBB Rating
- Equipment Selection
- Extensive Experience
- Self Install Only
SimpliSafe – Lowest DIY Security System Monitoring Rate
Features of the Best Apartment Alarm System
- Installation – One of the first things to decide is who will be installing the system. Apartment alarm systems should wireless. Wireless systems don’t require drilling holes or fishing wires. As a matter of fact, the best apartment security systems won’t require any programming. Apartment alarm companies, such as Frontpoint, will preprogram the components before they ship them out to you. Essentially, all you have to do is place the sensors and phone in to have the system activated. The entire process should take less than an hour.
- Equipment Cost – Upfront equipment costs vary greatly from company to company. Unmonitored systems will typically have much higher upfront costs. The best security systems for apartment with professional monitoring will have a basic security system for around $100. This would include a control panel and standard security equipment such as door and window sensors and a motion sensor. They should also offer state of the art monitoring and reasonable pricing on add on equipment. When it comes to protecting your home and family, it is prudent to select a company with an established track record that uses reliable components. Blue by ADT is a relative newcomer to the DIY alarm industry that is trying to appeal to renters and capitalize on their long track record in the industry.
- Professional Monitoring Services – While not all companies require professional monitoring, the best wireless security systems will provide 24/7 around the clock protection from trained professionals. Otherwise, you would have to be available 24 hours a day to respond to any emergency. For a dollar or two a day, professional monitoring gives you the peace of mind that a trained professional is watching over your home and family 24/7…365.
- Mobile App – The best home security systems for apartment dwellers enable one to manage your systems through an app that can control the system from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. You can arm or disarm the system, get notification of alarm activity…even turn on lights or appliances-right from your smartphone.
- Home Automation – The best alarm systems for renters provide a number of home automation features that add comfort and convenience to your day to day living. With the addition of smart home devices such as a smart lock and doorbell camera, one can create a much more user friendly smart home. You can automate heating and cooling systems, control lighting and appliances, unlock doors remotely and keep an eye on the kids with indoor and outdoor cameras.
- Portability – DIY alarm systems can be easily expanded, moved, or reconfigured as your needs change. When comparing apartment security systems, flexibility is a key advantage.
The Best Apartment Security Systems – Video Summary
Best Apartment Security Systems for Renters- Transcript
The Best Apartment Security Systems
If you are looking for The Alarm Systems for Renters with the most competitive monitoring rates…you are in luck!
We have compiled a list for Savvy security shoppers that are looking for the best apartment alarm companies that can offer nationwide service.
The following make up our top 3 Apartment security systems.
#1 Best Overall Apartment Alarm System – Frontpoint Security
Best known for their industry-leading customer service, Frontpoint delivers top-notch DIY Security Systems and competitive rates- with NO Long-Term Contracts!
#2 Best Tech Support for Apartment Security Systems – Link Interactive
The parent company, Mountain Alarm has 60 years of experience to make sure that your DIY security system is installed right. Link Interactive Home Security has a full lineup of equipment at extremely competitive prices.
#3 Lowest Monitoring Rates for Apartment Alarm Systems -SimpliSafe Security
An award-winning DIY home alarm system with a solid track record and low monitoring rates-starting at just $14.99!
So there you have it… Our Top 3 picks for the best apartment security companies.
If you want more in-depth information on any of the companies …. Visit us at The Home Security Advisor.
To determine the best security systems for YOUR needs…
Compare, Click or Call below.
Features of the Best Apartment Security Systems
Best Apartment Security System Reviews
Features that Make Frontpoint Security a Great Choice for an Apartment Security System
Exceptional Client Experience– Even though there are plenty of companies that can boast of an A or A+ BBB rating…it is rare to find one that continues yo exceed customer expecations as consistently as Frontpoint.
Online consumer reviews are generally pretty positive. This is supported by the fact that 94% of their buyers would definitely recommend them. In contrast to nearly all of their competition, the sales approach is generally low key with virtually no pressure. Prefer Frontpoint…but, don’t want to be committed to three years? Frontpoint provides either a one or three year option.
100% Wireless– Frontpoint delivers only the most reliable products such as the respected GE Simon XT equipment (as well as a Qolsys upgrade) using 100% cellular monitoring. This prevents the possibility of an intruder cutting the telephone or cable lines to prevent an alarm signal to be sent to the monitoring station..
Superior Technology as well as Monitoring Features – Along with their comprehensive selection of available security, surveillance and home automation solutions, Frontpoint offers extremely advanced solutions as part of their Interactive monitoring service. Powered by Alarm.com, Frontpoint options integrate “Crash and Smash” protection and also Geo-Location Solutions. The former ensures that the monitoring station can be contacted even if the system is destroyed…and the latter facilitates revolutionary system automation functions determined by GPS cell phone zones.
Transparency Coupled with Integrity– Unlike many security web pages, Frontpoint puts their cards on the table. Pricing is clear-and there won’t be any tricks or concealed costs. Frontpoint Security is so sure of their product that they’ll back it by their No Hassle Thirty Day Money-back Guarantee- without any shipping charges (either way) without any restocking charge!
Frontpoint provides excellent support services combined with one of the finest apartment security systems in the industry. They back it up with a 30 Day Full Money Back Guarantee and provide an extensive selection of products that even includes security cameras and energy management options.
Take a look at our complete analysis in our Frontpoint Security Review or give them a call for a free, no obligation quote.
Link Interactive Security
Why We Chose Link Home Security as the Best Security System for Renters
Link Interactive Treats Everyone the Same – Many home security companies will only deal with homeowners. Some companies will require renters to pay higher monthly rates or pay for 36 months of monitoring up front. Some companies require that you pay full price for equipment.
Link Interactive treats renters and homeowners the same. If you have reasonably good credit and sign an industry standard 36 month agreement, they will give you a substantial discount on some of the best equipment available! In addition, the provide provide the same unbeatable professional monitoring rates.
Superb Reputation – Even though they may not be a well known brand (yet), Link Interactive is considered as a Top Five Best Home Security Company on many review lists. Link Home Security is the Do-it-yourself security department of Mountain Alarm. They’ve been a regional security company for more than 60 years. Thay have an A+ BBB ranking maintain a 98% client approval score.
Multi-dimensional Equipment and Monitoring Options – Link Interactive Security alarms emphasize some of the most state of the art 2 Gig Technologies wireless hardware, coupled with comprehensive monitoring alternatives. Link Interactive monitoring comes with Alarm.com’s revolutionary elements which include: Crash and Smash Protection, Geo Location Services…along with 2-way voice assistance.
Uncomplicated, Competitively-priced Monitoring Prices – In conjunction with highly competitive monitoring rates, Link Home Security makes things very easy when it comes to their package deals. The “basic” Gold Plan includes cellular monitoring, Alarm.com interactive services, and Crash and Smash protection for one low price-$30.99 a month. You can add home automation for $5.00 a month.
Want video? No Problem…just $5/mo. More.
Link Home Security provides terrific back-up and support along with one of the more extensive security and home automation offerings on the market.
They are surely among the best DIYapartment security security system providers- as they preovide the same great programds to homeowners and renters alike.
For an in depth analysis, take a look at our Link Home Security Reviews or get a FREE Quote and see why Link Home Security is considered one of the best home security companies of 2017.
SimpliSafe Security – No Contract Apartment Security System with Lowest Rates
Things We Like About the SimpliSafe Security Wireless Home Security System
SimpliSafe Keeps it Simple
They separated themselves from the rest of the pack of our best wireless alarm companies by providing affordable equipment and low monthly monitoring rates-with no contract required.
SimpliSafe has over 10 years of experience and has helped hundreds of thousands of customers get affordable protection by offering an easy to install wireless home alarm system that won’t break the bank.
What Wireless Alarm System buyers like about SimpliSafe:
- Affordable Up Front Pricing – With basic security systems starting around $200 SimpliSafe makes it affordable for virtually anyone to get started with a home security system
- Low Basic Monitoring Rates– If you are on a budget, and don’t need all the bells and whistles, SimpliSafe has monitoring rates as low as $14.99.
- No Contracts Required – Unlike many of the best home security companies-SimpliSafe does not require a contract.
What they don’t like:
- Limited Home Automation – SimpliSafe does not have Z-Wave compatibility. This limits the integration of 3rd party home automation products. So, you won’t be able to integrate those Ring alarm components into the SimpliSafe system.
- Proprietary Equipment – SimpliSafe manufactures its own line of equipment. It is not compatible with other ecosystems or monitoring services. So if you want to take advantage of more advanced management apps such as Alarm.com or an alternative monitoring service…you will have to start from scratch.
SimpliSafe offers an affordable, easy to install DIY Security System.
They offer basic equipment packages, with affordable equipment costs, monitoring options, a 60-Day Return Policy, and a 3 Year Warranty.
Top 5 Ways to Customize Apartment Security Systems
Before deciding on how to best customize your apartment alarm system, be sure that the company you are working with can provide the equipment you require for a fully customized and cost-effective system. To get the most bang for your buck, make sure the system can accommodate all or most of the multi-function components described below.
1 The best apartment security companies oﬀer a full line of “take-over” devices that allow you to upgrade your current security equipment to the most advanced system available. If you are upgrading a system with a fair amount of existing equipment, this is an important consideration.
2 Top apartment alarm companies offer multiple specialized sensor options for your doors and windows include recessed, plunger, and bypass – providing custom solutions for nearly any installation scenario. However, be sure to check with your landlord or the management company before drilling holes.
3 If your apartment or rental unit has a garage, it is optimal to be able to open and close your garage door with the same keyfob you use for your apartment alarm system. You can also control it with a smartphone thanks to Z-wave products that interface with most garage door brands.
4 Protect your rental home from frozen and broken water pipes and furnace and air conditioning failure with this multi-purpose sensor. Check to see if multi-function sensors are available with your home security system.
5 Triple-duty detectors can activate your apartment alarm system when it senses smoke and high and low temperatures.
Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to Like or Share – our Top 5 Best Security Systems for Renters of 2024.
Best Home Security Systems
Side by Side Comparisons of the Top Security Systems